Number 13

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Number 13

Post by No straw damn us »

medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:41 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:25 pm If we are recruiting one / two more players I can see these being Owen Farrell and that player from Wakey
What player from Wakey?
Sam Eseh but he's going to Saints. Wigan were interested but not at his asking price.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:21 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:41 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:25 pm If we are recruiting one / two more players I can see these being Owen Farrell and that player from Wakey
What player from Wakey?
Sam Eseh but he's going to Saints. Wigan were interested but not at his asking price.
What was the asking price?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

There was talk of another Wakey lad as well, Ollie Pratt was it? Young outside back.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

WIGIAN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:31 am Not sure I like the 'good for the game rhetoric' on Farrell , to be honest its more what's good for Wigan I care about. IF it happens I worry he'll be as big a square peg as his dad was in yawnion without time to adjust on his side. Maybe 5 years ago
Same here. He’s 32 and it will be seen as him retiring from RU. I think if the club or the RFL think this is some some big coup they are overestimating the importance. If he’d come after the previous RU world cup not this it might have been a statement signing but he didn’t.

I think if he signs it is not even on the level of a former NRL star coming for a last pay day given he’s never played a senior game of RL.

What’s worse is if he signs and doesn’t prove any good is Peet going to be allowed to drop him?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:53 pm
WIGIAN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:31 am Not sure I like the 'good for the game rhetoric' on Farrell , to be honest its more what's good for Wigan I care about. IF it happens I worry he'll be as big a square peg as his dad was in yawnion without time to adjust on his side. Maybe 5 years ago
Same here. He’s 32 and it will be seen as him retiring from RU. I think if the club or the RFL think this is some some big coup they are overestimating the importance. If he’d come after the previous RU world cup not this it might have been a statement signing but he didn’t.

I think if he signs it is not even on the level of a former NRL star coming for a last pay day given he’s never played a senior game of RL.

What’s worse is if he signs and doesn’t prove any good is Peet going to be allowed to drop him?
Signing the current England captain - "like retiring". Course Peet won't be allowed to drop him. We all know what Danson's like don't we. He's terrible.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐