Fixtures -2024

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Fixtures -2024

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:02 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:15 pm
Fujiman wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:58 pm Yes, excellent.
Brilliant, loved the mike up on Lockers 😂😂
Pity it wasn’t longer. Lockers and Sam Moa were great. Sky are putting a similar programme on YouTube this evening. I believe IFL is interviewed.
Have you got the link please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 am I'd assume there will be plenty of games on a Friday don't forget the corporate side of things all built over many years as a Friday product I doubt they'll chuck that away quickly but we shall see.

Is there an appetite for extra games no I don't think there is frankly what I suspect will happen games will move to our league app and other games will occur concurrently it looks like channel 4 won't pay for their coverage so that's it from them it seems,I'd you go from what Helen Skelton said at the end of their grand final show this morning, personally I find it a little distasteful they're buggering off without sinking any sort of money into what is a cash poor sport.
Can you please tell me more about this?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:03 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 am I'd assume there will be plenty of games on a Friday don't forget the corporate side of things all built over many years as a Friday product I doubt they'll chuck that away quickly but we shall see.

Is there an appetite for extra games no I don't think there is frankly what I suspect will happen games will move to our league app and other games will occur concurrently it looks like channel 4 won't pay for their coverage so that's it from them it seems,I'd you go from what Helen Skelton said at the end of their grand final show this morning, personally I find it a little distasteful they're buggering off without sinking any sort of money into what is a cash poor sport.
What is there to tell Nathan? I don’t understand your question?

The majority of SL games were originally played on Friday’s at 8pm & Saturday’s around 6pm. Corporate sales were based on sponsors booking tables, rooms or suites at the stadium which made a great difference to the corporate sales income for the club.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 pm

The majority of SL games were originally played on Friday’s at 8pm & Saturday’s around 6pm. Corporate sales were based on sponsors booking tables, rooms or suites at the stadium which made a great difference to the corporate sales income for the club.
This all sounds very anecdotal.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched the C4 programme. Yeah, it was fine, just seems a shame they don't seem to be prepared to put any money into it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:07 am I just watched the C4 programme. Yeah, it was fine, just seems a shame they don't seem to be prepared to put any money into it.
Yes it is 😕
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:23 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 pm

This all sounds very anecdotal.
Sorry about that but I’m not privy to the clubs business dealings! But I’ve been told several times from someone who works on the corporate side of the club who have commented to me that they have lost business on account of games being moved from the original set fixture date to another.