England boss Shaun Wane names squad for Tonga series as Warrington Wolves, StvHelens & Wigan Warriors dominate

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: England boss Shaun Wane names squad for Tonga series as Warrington Wolves, StvHelens & Wigan Warriors dominate

Post by moto748 »

As Shaun Wane rightly said, Tonga will be better next week and we will need to be too. Can't see him changing the spine for the next match with Williams still unavailable (and probably not if he was).
Barney841

Re: England boss Shaun Wane names squad for Tonga series as Warrington Wolves, StvHelens & Wigan Warriors dominate

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:06 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:46 pm Harry was my man of the match. To be fair to Welsby his pass for Johnstone’s try was world class, overall his performance was average though.
Yeah it was a good pass but if Johnstone didn't make the movement it just flies out into touch
I agree. Johnstone takes it brilliantly as it was just above his head.
Welsby always gets the plaudits though, even if it’s someone else that’s made him look good.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd be happy to see Welsby get a MotM performance to win the series next weekend. But he'll need to sharpen up on this performance, and I'm sure he knows it.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just spotted, if anyone is interested, the NRL do a top job on stats, both team and individual. Would that the RFL were so professional.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/internationals ... maa-tonga/
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Welcome to Tier 2 status. Scraping a 4 point win at home just isn't going to impress anyone. That was underwhelming but not unexpected. Can't even sell out saints, where are we going with international RL. Seems like it's on the way out to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:31 am Welcome to Tier 2 status. Scraping a 4 point win at home just isn't going to impress anyone. That was underwhelming but not unexpected. Can't even sell out saints, where are we going with international RL. Seems like it's on the way out to me.
I'd put that down to the series not being well advertised, half term meaning people are away and union dominating media coverage.

Rfl have just expected the club fans to sell out the matches without any real effort to push it.

They could of played on Tonga being the small country hunting the big boys.

Or played on England's loss in the WC and this being the start of building back better.

He'll They could have even just had Waney talking about his love of the sport and England cutting to tries or big hits every so often.

Instead the only thing I've seen is a.picture and the sky pundits saying its coming up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:42 am
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:31 am Welcome to Tier 2 status. Scraping a 4 point win at home just isn't going to impress anyone. That was underwhelming but not unexpected. Can't even sell out saints, where are we going with international RL. Seems like it's on the way out to me.
I'd put that down to the series not being well advertised, half term meaning people are away and union dominating media coverage.

Rfl have just expected the club fans to sell out the matches without any real effort to push it.

They could of played on Tonga being the small country hunting the big boys.

Or played on England's loss in the WC and this being the start of building back better.

He'll They could have even just had Waney talking about his love of the sport and England cutting to tries or big hits every so often.

Instead the only thing I've seen is a.picture and the sky pundits saying its coming up.
was the match televised?, If so there was no advertising