Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
The Pearl1

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am Well let’s hope his ego doesn’t cause problems for us! We’ve been there before with Hastings!

Owen Farrell conduct criticised as pundit tells team-mates to 'grab hold of him'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-27958473
He’s an elite leader and a dream team mate. And a dream to coach.
endoman

Post by endoman »

I see a highly competitive player who is probably fed up with the type of game he is playing, and probably other players and commentators. RU press been gunning for him for some time now. Almost won that dire game single handed for them, but the fatties couldn't " scrummage" so he gets the blame.

Be very happy to see him at Wigan,
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

The deal is either done or it isn’t.

There is no way either Saracens or Wigan would go this deep into their preparations for the current season in Sarries case or next year in our case and it still be up in the air.

I have no idea if he has signed or he hasn’t but after being quite sceptical initially the silence around his future from his current club I think indicates he will potentially be switching clubs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

THE biggest hint yet has been dropped on the future of England rugby union hero Owen Farrell, with a link to the Wigan Warriors in Super League never going away.

The 32-year-old is, of course, from great rugby league and union stock with his father Andy making a successful career in both codes.

However, Owen himself has been a 15-code professional his entire career, though rumours of a move to Wigan are perhaps stronger than ever.

And following England’s exit from the Rugby Union World Cup at the weekend in a heartbreaking 16-15 loss to South Africa, speculation once more swirled that Farrell could make the move to the 13-man code.

That being said, The Telegraph has seemingly quashed those rumours by stating that England head coach Steve Borthwick is keen for Farrell to be the poster boy for the rugby union nation for the next four years until the next World Cup.

The Telegraph stated:”…the standard-bearer for the next four-year cycle is most likely to be Owen Farrell. Whether the Saracens fly-half retains the captaincy all the way to the World Cup in Australia in 2027 remains to be seen.

“But given the physical conditioning of the 32-year-old, and the way he looks after his body, it is thought that Borthwick believes Farrell will play a key role in the next cycle, similar fashion to that leadership and game management influence that Johnny Sexton delivered for Ireland over the last four years.”

Though the passage itself doesn’t necessarily confirm Farrell’s future, it is perhaps the biggest hint yet that the northerner could see out his future in the 15-man game.

https://www.totalrl.com/biggest-hint-dr ... o-subside/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Andy said on tv other week reason he took Ireland job was to be nearer family in Wigan, it’s only a short journey from Dublin to Wigan, they seem a close family so might be another reason for Owen to join instead of being stuck in London

Personally I hope it happens he’s a class player, he would Be the ideal 13, but could cover halves and centres if needed just gives us lots of options

And then the PR for not only club but the game in general, I’m sure sky would wheel him out at every opportunity
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

No Straw & Rogues both stating the big news is yet to come .
Both very very reliable posters
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

I know myself that Wigan have spoken to Farrell but I don’t know if he had signed or not.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:54 pm No Straw & Rogues both stating the big news is yet to come .
Yes but is Farrell the big news???
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:54 pm No Straw & Rogues both stating the big news is yet to come .
I thought they were one and the same?
Miry Lane Casuals

Post by Miry Lane Casuals »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:27 pm
Yes but is Farrell the big news???
Exactly, I was told a couple of weeks ago by someone with insider info that their was a showstopper of an signing in the pipeline (after Luke Thompson and not Owen F) that if it comes off, they might as well give us the Super League title for 2024 now. An NRL star apparently at the peak of his game.