Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Miry Lane Casuals wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:03 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:27 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:54 pm No Straw & Rogues both stating the big news is yet to come .
Both very very reliable posters
Yes but is Farrell the big news???
Exactly, I was told a couple of weeks ago by someone with insider info that their was a showstopper of an signing in the pipeline (after Luke Thompson and not Owen F) that if it comes off, they might as well give us the Super League title for 2024 now. An NRL star apparently at the peak of his game.
We have no non-federation spots available.
doc

Post by doc »

Radley should not count on the quota as he is an England International.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

doc wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 pm Radley should not count on the quota as he is an England International.
Stop it! Now that would be a signing and a half.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

doc wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 pm Radley should not count on the quota as he is an England International.
Hoping there will be some sort of loophole somewhere in the rules, it would be nice like
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

My understanding is that it's now where your trained ie federation or non federation country doesn't matter so for example Chan doesn't count because he's federation trained in France though he was born in Australia and his dad's a NZ international.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If we could get Radley I'm sure we'd be willing to 'encourage' somebody else to leave to make space. I can't imagine that we'd have put ourselves in this position if we had a realistic chance of signing him. Another good signing, whoever it is, would really make this a happy off-season though
endoman

Post by endoman »

shawxshark wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:34 pm Andy said on tv other week reason he took Ireland job was to be nearer family in Wigan, it’s only a short journey from Dublin to Wigan, they seem a close family so might be another reason for Owen to join instead of being stuck in London

Personally I hope it happens he’s a class player, he would Be the ideal 13, but could cover halves and centres if needed just gives us lots of options

And then the PR for not only club but the game in general, I’m sure sky would wheel him out at every opportunity
Didn't see the interview, but fail to see how Dublin to Wigan is easier than N London to Wigan? Did he explain? Thought they originally lived in Harpenden area? England RU I guess do some stuff at twickers, but also out in Surrey which would make the journey worse.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm If we could get Radley I'm sure we'd be willing to 'encourage' somebody else to leave to make space. I can't imagine that we'd have put ourselves in this position if we had a realistic chance of signing him. Another good signing, whoever it is, would really make this a happy off-season though
Radley didn't stand out to me in the England game. Was he playing I think he was?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm If we could get Radley I'm sure we'd be willing to 'encourage' somebody else to leave to make space. I can't imagine that we'd have put ourselves in this position if we had a realistic chance of signing him. Another good signing, whoever it is, would really make this a happy off-season though
There is no way we would sign Isa and Mago back up if we intended to sign a none federation trained player.

I don’t believe we will be bringing in any further overseas players.

I’m still hearing Sam Eseh will be joining us, I can’t see it but it’s a rumour that won’t go away, but that’s not going to be “big news” although will be a good signing in my opinion if he does join.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Jonh wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:29 pm
There is no way we would sign Isa and Mago back up if we intended to sign a none federation trained player.

I don’t believe we will be bringing in any further overseas players.

I’m still hearing Sam Eseh will be joining us, I can’t see it but it’s a rumour that won’t go away, but that’s not going to be “big news” although will be a good signing in my opinion if he does join.
Rogues has said that Wigan wouldn't pay the asking price. RedVee seem pretty convinced he's going to Saints too.