Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian.birchall

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by ian.birchall »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:12 pm
doc wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 pm Radley should not count on the quota as he is an England International.
Stop it! Now that would be a signing and a half.
Well, he did not do anything exceptional v Tonga yesterday, almost anonymous if he wasn't injured early doors.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:05 pm
southportcdm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm If we could get Radley I'm sure we'd be willing to 'encourage' somebody else to leave to make space. I can't imagine that we'd have put ourselves in this position if we had a realistic chance of signing him. Another good signing, whoever it is, would really make this a happy off-season though
Radley didn't stand out to me in the England game. Was he playing I think he was?
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

I’m hearing from people who are close to Trinity (or were given todays events) that he’s coming to us, but I think it may be a bit of mischief, although not sure of the motive if it is.

I’d say Saints is the likely destination too, but it just seems odd given the source saying he’s Wigan bound.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Announced on Twitter, Eseh will be in Cherry & White next year.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Jonh wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:00 pm I’m hearing from people who are close to Trinity (or were given todays events) that he’s coming to us, but I think it may be a bit of mischief, although not sure of the motive if it is.

I’d say Saints is the likely destination too, but it just seems odd given the source saying he’s Wigan bound.
No mischief he signed and confirmed
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:59 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:05 pm
southportcdm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm If we could get Radley I'm sure we'd be willing to 'encourage' somebody else to leave to make space. I can't imagine that we'd have put ourselves in this position if we had a realistic chance of signing him. Another good signing, whoever it is, would really make this a happy off-season though
Radley didn't stand out to me in the England game. Was he playing I think he was?
+1
For me Radley was great in contact. Slowed down the Tongans in defence by winning the floor which was big for us.

He also found his front carrying getting quicker play the balls and I’m sure he got the assist for Kings try with the miss pass.

Let’s not forget too he hasn’t played for a number of weeks with the Roosters not having a finals run and flown halfway round the world.

Can he be better next week and the week after, of course he can, but I still thought he went very well.

He’s a genuinely top player it’s not realistic to expect him to come to SL any time soon. He just signed a new long term deal and if you listen to his interview on James Graham podcast pre World Cup 2 things become very evident. His pride in representing England and his love of the Roosters having grown up in their suburbs.

It may be dated now however it is a great listen if you get chance.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Radley was a little slow off the mark but he looked far better in his second spell for me top drawer player doubt he'd ever come to super League though
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:04 pm Announced on Twitter, Eseh will be in Cherry & White next year.

How was that for timing!

Great signing with an eye on the future.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We are signing some big lads. Eseh, Walters & re-signing Junior.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:20 pm Radley was a little slow off the mark but he looked far better in his second spell for me top drawer player doubt he'd ever come to super League though
Said he wanted too after last years internationals