Eseh Jr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Sam Eseh

Post by jobo »

jobo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:48 am
Good signing or what?

* Fixed your link & merged with original post - Josie 😊
Thank you 😊
Jonh

Re: Eseh Jr

Post by Jonh »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:09 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:24 pm
Jonh wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 pm

No way do we sign Mago on a year deal then bin him a couple of weeks later.

I expect Hill and Nsemba will spend time on loan next year developing as both very raw and then replace Mago and Cooper in 2025 in the squad full time.

We have a big pack next year but in 2025 it has the potential to be one of the biggest ever in SL.

Eseh is very raw. He’s 6’4” and athletic with a great offload. He’s quite lean with plenty of scope to add mass as he develops.

The thought of a pack containing Walters, Havard, Nsemba and Eseh if we can keep them altogether in a couple of years time is ridiculous. All 6’4” plus and very dynamic.
We actually have 10 props now then,thats classing walters as a backrower
Chan
Hill
Havard
Eseh
Thompson
Byrne
Cooper
Mago
Dupree
Ellis.
Thats why i mentioned mago pal.Surely something has got to give.Massive pack mind
I think Makin also made the first team squad this year and is a good prop prospect.

Also Silva? and Wood from the reserves
Silva has already gone I believe.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

There was a reply on RL Fans where they were saying Michael Carter had told people he had sold Sam Eseh to Wigan with the player being loaned back to them for one year. It was known then Carter was selling Trinity and it looks like we took the opportunity to pay a fee and bring Eseh to Wigan.

Wakefield were then a SL club and whether the loan part of the deal still applies with them being relegated who knows.

If the club was thinking of loaning out players perhaps Salford and London might be interested?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:30 pm There was a reply on RL Fans where they were saying Michael Carter had told people he had sold Sam Eseh to Wigan with the player being loaned back to them for one year. It was known then Carter was selling Trinity and it looks like we took the opportunity to pay a fee and bring Eseh to Wigan.

Wakefield were then a SL club and whether the loan part of the deal still applies with them being relegated who knows.

If the club was thinking of loaning out players perhaps Salford and London might be interested?
Salford is a good shout. I think they only have 5 props across the whole squad bar any new signings
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:30 pm There was a reply on RL Fans where they were saying Michael Carter had told people he had sold Sam Eseh to Wigan with the player being loaned back to them for one year. It was known then Carter was selling Trinity and it looks like we took the opportunity to pay a fee and bring Eseh to Wigan.

I think it was me speculating about the loan rather than it being suggested by the original source.

I’m not sure loaning young forwards out to teams who are likely to be struggling most weeks is a good development pathway especially props who can become cannon fodder.

It may work for some but personally I’d rather see them playing in teams mid table up.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Is it true that wigan want to put there reserves in league 1? This could explain a few things
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm Is it true that wigan want to put there reserves in league 1? This could explain a few things
I know there was talk about it earlier in the year as they want to push on with the Reserve set up.

Also the club are investing in the women’s game but they are going to have to start paying the girls something as only Leeds, Saints & York actually pay their players! That’s why players leave their home clubs to join those three.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:42 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm Is it true that wigan want to put there reserves in league 1? This could explain a few things
I know there was talk about it earlier in the year as they want to push on with the Reserve set up.

Also the club are investing in the women’s game but they are going to have to start paying the girls something as only Leeds, Saints & York actually pay their players! That’s why players leave their home clubs to join those three.
cheers josie, would definately get me more interested if it actually came off.Probably go a few more games as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I did say that jokingly to my lad but you may have something there and it could be made to work.
doc

Post by doc »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Women's SL was only meant to go pro/semi-pro next year. The above teams jumped the gun and signed a lot of the best players. Wigan have some good prospects coming through the girls academy; some already in the first team.