Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Convinced now with this signing if there is another big signing coming in its not Farrell. Wouldn't make any sense.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:16 pm Convinced now with this signing if there is another big signing coming in its not Farrell. Wouldn't make any sense.
Im with you on that.I would have said a backrower but surely a couple of our 10 props will have to be shuffled about
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not sure how it could not be a union player if one more signing is incoming given we must be upto the cap surely?
Wonder if we are running a second team in league one and how that would run cap wise?
Last edited by lucky 13 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I had a whisper we are after Farrell but to be honest i cannot see it happening, and i dont think its a good idea anyway
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:03 pm I had a whisper we are after Farrell but to be honest i cannot see it happening, and i dont think its a good idea anyway
😂😂 There’s been 11 pages of whispers so far Derrick 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Welski

Post by Welski »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:16 pm Convinced now with this signing if there is another big signing coming in its not Farrell. Wouldn't make any sense.
I’m kind of hoping it happens. As others have said he would bring a different angle to the kicking game. Different games I know but the yardage difference between Union and league from penalty kicks from hand is marked. I guess the risk reward in Union is lower when kicked to the corner for an attacking line out: if you mess up they are likely to win the line out only to kick back into touch albeit slightly higher up the pitch. In League you’ve given away an entire set.

The other thing which I don’t think has been mentioned which means it may not happen, is the British and Irish Lions tour in 2025. Andy is odds on favourite to coach, Owen second favourite to captain.

Whatever happens how exciting is it to be a Wigan fan at the moment😆?!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:39 pm Not sure how it could not be a union player if one more signing is incoming given we must be upto the cap surely?
Wonder if we are running a second team in league one and how that would run cap wise?
I can't see anything happening this coming year for a top tier side running a second grade team in league it's the way to go I think have the big 4 and maybe Warrington as well they'd get decent hates and give us fans somewhere new to go.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Just to add a bit of context, pre Nsemba & Eseh Jr signing, I was told there is still plenty of cap space available, so whoever mentioned a big signing that isn't Farrell it may still be possible. I read an article somewhere I cant remember where (apologies) and it stated that Wigan still have a marquee spot unused (not sure I can believe that however) Id assume we are close to the cap with the squad we have but there may be a few clever loopholes being utilised.

Heard nothing more on Farrell but its pretty strange the level of chat that's around the move and the usual media suspects are staying quiet, it almost seems like they have been embargoed by the club, Matthew Shaw is never usually this quiet when it comes to the big deals/rumours of.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps everyone is keeping radio silence due to Owen captaining England Rugby Union in their 3rd/4th place game this weekend. That may be his last game for England, in the team as well as captain.

As for another big signing I'm not sure which position any new player would play. The squad before the Eseh signing looked formidable, even more so after Sam has signed.

It would be a massive coup for Wigan RL and Rugby League if Owen did sign. Great publicity and personally I think he'd kill it playing for Wigan. If he does arrive then surely the 13 shirt would be his.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Our forwards look pretty formidable for next season and I don't envy Matt Peet in making team selections if most of them remain fit.

What, though, are our options in the backs? Numbers 1 to 7 look nailed on with Keighran replacing King. Beyond that, from last year's squad, we have Eckersley, Douglas, Thornley and Hampshire as cover now that Cust and Astley have left, other than the 'part-time' backs like Isa, Farrell, Shorrocks.

Fantastic what we are doing in the forwards but are we a bit thin in the backs if/when injuries occur?