Eseh Jr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Eseh Jr

Post by Charriots Offiah »

doc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:46 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:42 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm Is it true that wigan want to put there reserves in league 1? This could explain a few things
I know there was talk about it earlier in the year as they want to push on with the Reserve set up.

Also the club are investing in the women’s game but they are going to have to start paying the girls something as only Leeds, Saints & York actually pay their players! That’s why players leave their home clubs to join those three.
Women's SL was only meant to go pro/semi-pro next year. The above teams jumped the gun and signed a lot of the best players. Wigan have some good prospects coming through the girls academy; some already in the first team.
That's the way to go.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm Is it true that wigan want to put there reserves in league 1? This could explain a few things
Seriously can't see this getting off the Yorkshire stumbling block

I know Leigh are recruiting heavily so that they can run a reserves team - maybe clubs now have to run a reserve team as part of IMG criteria? :idea:
Back by demand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:53 pm

I know Leigh are recruiting heavily so that they can run a reserves team - maybe clubs now have to run a reserve team as part of IMG criteria? :idea:
It should be but I am not sure it is part of the criteria. The academy isn’t either which is crazy.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I cant remember where i saw/read this tbh.Would be good for us but realistically cant see the other teams being happy about it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Academy should be criterion numero uno.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:53 pm

It should be but I am not sure it is part of the criteria. The academy isn’t either which is crazy.
Nah, just how many social media followers you have 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Getting back to Sam Eseh.

The clue to him signing for us seems to be the deal Michael Carter said we did when he stated he'd sold Sam to Wigan. It appeared to me from that comment we had paid a fee to Wakefield (under Carter's ownership) for his signature.

Wigan RL also announced Sam's signing on the day the new owner completed the purchase of Trinity.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There is a rumour going around that Wigan, Saints and Leeds reserves could play in league 1 to make the numbers up to replace teams who have withdrawn.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:19 pm
There is a rumour going around that Wigan, Saints and Leeds reserves could play in league 1 to make the numbers up to replace teams who have withdrawn.
What about the salary cap? Surely there would need to be a ruling separating the 2 teams under salary cap regulations? Could *ANOther first team player coming back from injury, play in League 1 against Doncaster or Cornwall? How would the opposition feel about this?

* edited didn’t want to put the mockers on the player you originally named 😉😉
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:24 pm
DaveO wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:19 pm
What about the salary cap? Surely there would need to be a ruling separating the 2 teams under salary cap regulations? Could ANOther coming back from injury, play in League 1 against Doncaster or Cornwall? How would the opposition feel about this?
Excited? More attention equals more fans through the gate?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐