Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Faz 6’ 0”, 15st 2lbs.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Thanks you two, just what I wanted. Much as I like the Idea of Owen joining us and being a great success, I can't see it happening. I assume that those pushing for him to sign for us are expecting him to break his contract with Saracens rather than compete the season with them? If he joined us without a break before a full preseason it would make the transition even more difficult.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:22 pm Having watched him closely again last night I just don't see him being big enough for a 13 despite all his other qualities. I'm sure he's bigger than e.g. Shorrocks but he can't be more than 14 stone which would be borderline. I know lots of people will say that our Faz (Ginger Pearl) isn't very big but he's exceptional in other areas. Does anybody have an accurate playing weight for Owen?
The last British Lions tour brochure and his current club website (Saracens) have him at 5'11" and 14st 11
The England RFU website have him at 6'1" and 15st 7
Having met him once I would guess he is 6'0" and a Digestive biscuit under 15 stone putting him almost exactly the same size as Sir Liam Farrell, Joe Shorrocks and Oliver Partington and about half an inch and half a stone smaller than Morgan Smithies has been for much of his Wigan career (I think Smithies may have bulked up a bit in the last couple of seasons)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Hasting is embarrassing, guy constantly wants to be seen
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Big stick wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:33 pm Hasting is embarrassing, guy constantly wants to be seen
That’s your response based on one tweet he did?

Strange.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Big stick wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:33 pm Hasting is embarrassing, guy constantly wants to be seen
Spot on.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So dead in the water now?

The posh media certainly seem to think so already moving on the lions tour and Farrell's name is first up...

I'll grant you that's just the media but I suspect if they'd have heard owt by now they'd have hung him out to dry.
willholt

Post by willholt »

Does anyone have an update on the Faz rumour? I assumed seeing he’s back at saracens it was a non starter but still seeing people saying it’s a done deal on twitter
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

willholt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:35 am Does anyone have an update on the Faz rumour? I assumed seeing he’s back at saracens it was a non starter but still seeing people saying it’s a done deal on twitter
Heard a deal will be announced 1st December, but I do hope this is not going to happen! 🙁
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan