Smithies Gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Smithies Gone

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There are a lot of players who leave Wigan, and very few of them go on to have better careers than if they had stayed. I wonder if Gildart had his time again, for instance, or Budgie, or Josh… Thompson is an absolute beast of a player, and if we see him as a 13, then I can’t wait to see it happen.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:24 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:18 pm Has to be said I'm more worried about Harry Smith catching the eye of NRL clubs he looked very comfortable in international games for me without my Wigan rose tinted specs he's the best of the halfbacks on show can't help but feel he will be next,after welsby of the young guns of English rugby league
If the World Club Championship doesn't happen, I would not be sorry. It's just a shop window for Australian clubs to have a closer look at our players.
Sadly you're not wrong at all Dave I feel the same way
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:44 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:05 pm Makes sense that we have signed Thompson as a 13 now.

Good player Smithies, solid. But if we get a fit and firing Thompson at Loose, I won’t be too fussed with Morgan leaving.

Good luck to him, sure he will go well.

We must have strong ties with the raiders that’s 4 players they’ve had of us now. Bateman, Williams, Rushton and Smithies
Ryan Sutton too!
Forgot about Sutton too! That’s 5 players the raiders have had probably in about the last 5 years!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:30 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:05 pm Makes sense that we have signed Thompson as a 13 now.

Good player Smithies, solid. But if we get a fit and firing Thompson at Loose, I won’t be too fussed with Morgan leaving.

Good luck to him, sure he will go well.

We must have strong ties with the raiders that’s 4 players they’ve had of us now. Bateman, Williams, Rushton and Smithies
Ryan Sutton too!
Forgot about Sutton too! That’s 5 players the raiders have had probably in about the last 5 years!
And all of them moved on well before their deals were up didn't they?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:32 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:30 pm

Ryan Sutton too!
And all of them moved on well before their deals were up didn't they?
Not Sutty.