Mikey Lewis omitted from England's final Test squad as George Williams returns

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Re: Mikey Lewis omitted from England's final Test squad as George Williams returns

Post by southportcdm »

Lewis has talent and attitude and has done really well this year. However, I seem to remember that he was the 'leader' in missed tackles in SL last season. If that's the case, there is no way that Waney would choose him ahead of George, a great tackler, if George was playing anywhere near his best. I'm interested to see how Lewis develops because he should be an option for us if Bevan decides to go home in a year or two.
Caboosegg

Re: Mikey Lewis omitted from England's final Test squad as George Williams returns

Post by Caboosegg »

I know we do have some NRL players but knowing Tonga is full of them and a large proportion of the England tea is superleague players is this showing that in reality its Cap only causing the difference and players themselves are actually similar quality.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Seems to me that Tonga have at least three-quarters of a team of really good players. Their problem is balance in that they lack the organising/creative players to make them a top team. They're good at the crash-bang stuff, but need a Harry Smith or George Williams.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

13 minutes from the end, but Harry Smith is MoM by a mile. Hardly a comment on his defensive work which has been superb, and his kicking and controlling have been superb as usual.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

How Bateman got MOTM I’ll never know :?

Great to see Harry recognised for his form throughout the series though with Player Of The Series
doc

Post by doc »

I had Bateman as MOM but Smith as man of the series due to his consistently good performances.
Suzieb

Farrell

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone one know why he was not at the presentation
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I was concerned that wolf left hurrell on all game. Even from the anthem he was very emotional and over aggressive all game and seemed to have really lost his head. Think something was really wrong in his mindset looked quite worrying for me
josie andrews

Re: Farrell

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:43 pm Does anyone one know why he was not at the presentation
What presentation??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Farrell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:16 pm
Suzieb wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:43 pm Does anyone one know why he was not at the presentation
What presentation??
England v Tonga.