Sam The Wolf Powell

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Sam The Wolf Powell

Post by medlocke »

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... 4-28044916

Warrington Wolves are on the verge of signing Wigan Warriors hooker Sam Powell, Rugby League Live understands. Sam Burgess has identified the Grand Final winner as a recruitment target ahead of his tenure at the club and is expected to land his man.

Powell's future has been the subject of discussion for a number of months now, with Leeds Rhinos expressing an interest earlier in the year. The emergence of Brad O’Neill, coupled with the signing of Kruise Leeming, has seen his guarantee of game time drop next year.

Powell and Wigan are thought to be on good terms, and the Warriors have said they wouldn’t stand in his way if an opportunity were to arise. That has happened with Warrington, and it appears a move is now likely.

Read More: Leeds Rhinos start 2024 preparation as pre-season gets underway for Rohan Smith

Speaking to Love Rugby League after winning his third Grand Final, Powell said: “I’ve been here 15 years now and I understand Brad has had a great year and they’ve recruited Kruise, so I don’t know where it leaves me. But I’m not thinking about that right now. I want to play, 100 per cent I do.

“Right now it would be hard to imagine playing for someone else but it’s life, it’s rugby league.”

He has spent his entire career with the Warriors and made 274 appearances. Now 31, it appears a new challenge now awaits. Interestingly, Warrington have already added a hooker to their squad in the shape of Brad Dwyer, who will also compete for a place in the team with England international Danny Walker.
fozzieskem

Re: Sam The Wolf Powell

Post by fozzieskem »

Yea heard he's gone only to read that later on this morning
andystreacle19

Post by andystreacle19 »

Yeah, 2 year deal. Been a great servant, good move for all concerned.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Isn't true, no other SL club would give Powell a second look never mind a first.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm Isn't true, no other SL club would give Powell a second look never mind a first.
You beat me to it :D
Then again, what does Sam Burgess know about Rugby League?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Straight swap for Toby King???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

John Davidson on Twitter rumouring that Powell to Wolves and King to Saints.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:45 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm Isn't true, no other SL club would give Powell a second look never mind a first.
Who cares. We know when he has the ball (if he gets a game given they have two other better hookers) we can ignore him and go after Williams.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's on something...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mike wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:19 pm
He's on something...
I would be shocked if he went to Wire but then again i think if you look at the 2 teams rumoured with him in leeds and wire they both share the same issues around poor culture so there maybe something more in that as one thing we do know about Powell is he is a consummate professional

I wish him well
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure