Sam The Wolf Powell

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Barney841

Re: Sam The Wolf Powell

Post by Barney841 »

Makes sense for him to go.
Been a good servant to the club
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i'd heard from someone connected to Salford a couple of weeks ago that it was as good as a done deal with them. They were signing both Powell and Cust from us
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:37 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:45 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm Isn't true, no other SL club would give Powell a second look never mind a first.
You beat me to it :D
Then again, what does Sam Burgess know about Rugby League?
Who cares. We know when he has the ball (if he gets a game given they have two other better hookers) we can ignore him and go after Williams.
What as in Dwyer?

He's decking useless
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

People have their opinions on him but i wish him well - personally i cant see him going to wolves even to solve a culture issue.

Salford would feel like a good move for all parties
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I see Warrington have announced their squad numbers with Brad Dwyer getting one.

Is it normal for clubs to announce squad numbers and then let players leave/sign others? Seems odd. If you announce numbers surely means your happy with the squad 🤷‍♂️
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:37 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:45 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm Isn't true, no other SL club would give Powell a second look never mind a first.
You beat me to it :D
Then again, what does Sam Burgess know about Rugby League?
Who cares. We know when he has the ball (if he gets a game given they have two other better hookers) we can ignore him and go after Williams.
I'm not sure that everyone gets the element of having a bit of fun in some comments.

Nevertheless, it's interesting that you ask "Who cares?", Dave. Clearly, at the time the Powell debate was at its hottest, a number of posters repeatedly stated categorically that no other club would sign him. Now it seems that nobody cares.

Must admit, the humour in that escapes me.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He has left the club