Any more to come?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Any more to come?

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:10 am
Welski wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:23 am
medlocke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:53 pmDecember 1st
And the name is…..🫣
Dunno, one or two on here and rlfans have said all will be revealed Dec 1st, the original post should have had a ? on it :D
Just one question? Why Dec the 1st? Its going to be a massive let down IF nothing is announced
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 am
Welski wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:23 am

And the name is…..🫣
Dunno, one or two on here and rlfans have said all will be revealed Dec 1st, the original post should have had a ? on it :D
Just one question? Why Dec the 1st? Its going to be a massive let down IF nothing is announced
Isn't that the day Danson officially takes over, I'm guessing that a big signing would also be announced on the same day
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:08 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 am

Isn't that the day Danson officially takes over, I'm guessing that a big signing would also be announced on the same day
Ah ok, i wondered if there was some relevance
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

We have the best number 7 in super league who controls a game better than anyone. Smith, who is only getting better and better.

We will have a more dynamic threat out of 9. Leeming.

We have the best centre wing partnership in the league Wardle and Marshall.

We have the 2 most electric game breakers in the league in Field and French.

And a massive pack of forwards with a good mix of youth and experience. As stated if we get a full season out of Havard I feel he’ll be in the dream team. Also Dupree after a Wigan offseason will be even better.

We’ll be in the mix for everything.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

I think we might need to be patient at the start as the team has changed dramatically from last year. The players we have lost have been at Wigan for years and know the Wigan way. For the first time in years we have brought in a lot of new faces especially in the pack and they are going to need time to settle in. Suggest we need to use the pre friendlies to help sort this out.

Would like to have seen less props think we have too many and more back cover. Fingers crossed Harry goes injury free., and looks like Douglas and Eckersley are going to get more opportunities to show that they are future super league players. As unsure if Miski will be fit for start of new season.

With a bit of luck we could have won the lot last year and on paper we look just as strong . Here’s hoping for the same and entertaining season.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Not seen any mention of the injury Havard picked up in the GF? Hamstring again??
bertina

Post by bertina »

The Pearl1 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:14 am We have the best number 7 in super league who controls a game better than anyone. Smith, who is only getting better and better.

We will have a more dynamic threat out of 9. Leeming.

We have the best centre wing partnership in the league Wardle and Marshall.

We have the 2 most electric game breakers in the league in Field and French.

And a massive pack of forwards with a good mix of youth and experience. As stated if we get a full season out of Havard I feel he’ll be in the dream team. Also Dupree after a Wigan offseason will be even better.

We’ll be in the mix for everything.
Agree 100%
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So do I.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am very excited indeed, in particular because for the first time this century we will have a running threat at 9 AND a big pack, hitting the line and making post contact metres. When we played the Roosters, KR made the point that we needed to be much bigger, but it has taken us forever to do something about it.

The backs pick themselves, with, hopefully, the juniors having a chance to slot in and step up. As for the pack, if we play Thompson at 13, we could have Thompson, Ellis, Havard, Dupree, Mago, Walters and Byrne in the same 17. Now that would be a sight to see: Bradford’s awesome 4 some becomes Wigan’s Seven Heaven. No idea if it will work, but it’s great seeing us embrace a good big un beats a good little un.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:32 pm I am very excited indeed, in particular because for the first time this century we will have a running threat at 9 AND a big pack, hitting the line and making post contact metres. When we played the Roosters, KR made the point that we needed to be much bigger, but it has taken us forever to do something about it.

The backs pick themselves, with, hopefully, the juniors having a chance to slot in and step up. As for the pack, if we play Thompson at 13, we could have Thompson, Ellis, Havard, Dupree, Mago, Walters and Byrne in the same 17. Now that would be a sight to see: Bradford’s awesome 4 some becomes Wigan’s Seven Heaven. No idea if it will work, but it’s great seeing us embrace a good big un beats a good little un.
It was Wane who made the point.