Any more to come?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Any more to come?

Post by NICKYKISS »

endoman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:49 am Not seen any mention of the injury Havard picked up in the GF? Hamstring again??
I’ve been wondering myself how serious that is and if it’ll impact on his pre season/the start of the season. Fingers crossed it doesn’t. I also noticed Junior Nsemba posting that he’s had an op. Looked to be on his knee and it did have it heavily strapped towards the end of the year, so again hopefully nothing that will impact his training too much or the games.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:10 pm
endoman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:49 am Not seen any mention of the injury Havard picked up in the GF? Hamstring again??
I’ve been wondering myself how serious that is and if it’ll impact on his pre season/the start of the season. Fingers crossed it doesn’t. I also noticed Junior Nsemba posting that he’s had an op. Looked to be on his knee and it did have it heavily strapped towards the end of the year, so again hopefully nothing that will impact his training too much or the games.
Juniors just had a clean up.

He’s doing some light training already.

No idea on Ethan or Byrne
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I hope Havard is ok fine player but he was nowhere near ready for the grand final I know they want to play but sometimes you have to ask are they match fit..not often Peet gets it wrong but that could have been a game losing decision against better opposition than Catalan that day.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good thread.

I think winning the GF this year was ahead of schedule but nowt wrong with that :)

I also think we were one prop injury/suspension away from being very short there but bringing Dupree in was a masterstroke, having him from the start will be massive. The overall strength of the pack should hopefully mean we have less injuries at prop.

The reserve lads will be a year better and I think we will see occasional gametime for Makin/Farrimond/Eckersley/Forber.

I think this is the most exciting start to a season that we have had for a good few years.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was optimistic at the start of last season, and rightfully so as it turned out, and I'm even more optimistic this year.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

moto748 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:56 pm I was optimistic at the start of last season, and rightfully so as it turned out, and I'm even more optimistic this year.
Steady on owd lad. I'm not sure that optimism is allowed - definitely not 2 years in a row.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Rumour on rlfans saying Harry Smith has an NRL contract offer on the table as well as a contract extension, If true then it will be interesting to see how it plays out, If he goes who could we get to replace him?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Joe Shorrocks
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:34 pm Rumour on rlfans saying Harry Smith has an NRL contract offer on the table as well as a contract extension, If true then it will be interesting to see how it plays out, If he goes who could we get to replace him?
Farrimond.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:56 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:34 pm Rumour on rlfans saying Harry Smith has an NRL contract offer on the table as well as a contract extension, If true then it will be interesting to see how it plays out, If he goes who could we get to replace him?
Farrimond.
Which one?