Hull FC confirm final friendly fixture for Scott Taylor's testimonial game

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC confirm final friendly fixture for Scott Taylor's testimonial game

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC will host Wigan in their final friendly match.

Hull FC have confirmed their final pre-season fixture ahead of the 2024 season. The Black and Whites will host Wigan Warriors at MKM Stadium for Scott Taylor's testimonial match.

The game will be Hull's first home friendly fixture in six years, taking place on Sunday, February 4. Kick off is 2pm. It will follow away friendly ties at Championship duo Bradford Bulls and Doncaster in January.

Taylor, meanwhile, played for Wigan in the 2013 and 2014 seasons. He won the Challenge Cup and Super League Grand Final with the Warriors before moving to Hull ahead of 2016.

Taylor retired at the end of the 2023 campaign after eight seasons at his boyhood club. He won two Challenge Cups at Wembley, sealing his place in the club's history as a modern-day great, with the game being one of his last big events before his finale dinner next March.

On the announcement of his testimonial fixture, Taylor said: “I’m over the moon to confirm my testimonial match between two of my former clubs with whom I enjoyed so much success and made so many incredible memories.

“To play the match at the ground that means so much to me too will be incredibly special, in front of our incredible fans who have given me so much support over the last eight years, and throughout my testimonial year too.

Running out one last time in front of our fans is a dream way to wrap up my Rugby League career. It'll be an emotional afternoon for both myself and my family, but also a great opportunity to see some of our new faces in action, including our new overseas recruits and academy graduates, who I can’t wait to see develop as a supporter next season. I’d like to give a huge thanks to both Hull FC and Wigan Warriors for their support in making this match happen.”

Full ticket details for the match will be confirmed in December, with all gate receipts going to Scott Taylor's testimonial fund.

Hull FC pre-season schedule

Bradford, away, Sunday, January 14, 2pm
Doncaster, away, Sunday, January 21, 3pm
Wigan, home, Sunday, February, 4, 2pm

Hull FC's full Super League fixtures were also released on Thursday morning. You can check them out here.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ly-8929408
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan