Any more to come?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pieman13

Re: Any more to come?

Post by Pieman13 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:34 pm Rumour on rlfans saying Harry Smith has an NRL contract offer on the table as well as a contract extension, If true then it will be interesting to see how it plays out, If he goes who could we get to replace him?
If he went now it be a disaster.
Just had a look and there's hardly any standoff's available here or in the NRL. We'd also have find a way to get a quota player out the squad if we wanted a quota half.

Only non quota stand offs I could think off are Sneyd, O.Russell, Abdull ?

And the only two available standoffs in the NRL I could find were Brandon Wakeham & Cooper Johns (may have already signed for Hull FC). :?

Chad Townsend maybe, but unlikely. Tyrone May would of been handy :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Pieman13 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:25 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:34 pm Rumour on rlfans saying Harry Smith has an NRL contract offer on the table as well as a contract extension, If true then it will be interesting to see how it plays out, If he goes who could we get to replace him?
Just had a look and there's hardly any standoff's available here or in the NRL. We'd also have find a way to get a quota player out the squad if we wanted a quota half.

And the only two available standoffs in the NRL I could find were Brandon Wakeham & Cooper Johns (may have already signed for Hull FC). :?

If he doesn't extend is contract at Wigan I think he will still be expected to see out his contract so no need to panic yet.
Charriots Offiah

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:04 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:56 pm
Farrimond.
Which one?
The one that plays scrum half :lol:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I was hoping to see Farrimond in a halfback partnership with Harry in the future if and when Bevan returns home. I don't think we'll lose Harry but if we do we may need Farrimond to replace him. Farrimond seems to be very highly rated by those that have seen him play. For those 'in the know' how long before the young lad will be able to play regularly in the first team and could he play in partnership with Harry? On a related point, I hate it when we lose players to the NRL before we've seen the best of them. Losing Harry really would be a sickener.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont know why and i have absolutely no basis for this other than gut feeling i think Harry Smith will be wigans 7 for a long long time to come
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:25 am

If he doesn't extend is contract at Wigan I think he will still be expected to see out his contract so no need to panic yet.
Salfords Cade Cust??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Charriots Offiah

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:35 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:25 am

Salfords Cade Cust??
I hope not.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Not cast iron but I'd have thought we would have kept Astley if Harry was going soon. Farrimond is a great prospect and may get game time this season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:20 pm Not cast iron but I'd have thought we would have kept Astley if Harry was going soon. Farrimond is a great prospect and may get game time this season.
With respect I think,for now at least Astley has found his level with Oldham
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I guess that's a big fat no then