Kappa sizing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Kappa sizing

Post by AndyNick »

Apologies if this is covered in any of the other kit threads but was wondering if anyone can give some insight into the sizing of the new kit. I know Kappa stuff is notoriously on the snug side. In the Hummel shirts I took an XL, Will an XL in the Kappa shirts be ok or do I need to go up to XXL. Don't live locally so going to the shop to try on isn't an option sadly.
Flash

Re: Kappa sizing

Post by Flash »

At least one size up. Some are going 2 sizes up as they are quite narrow fitting.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And long!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I was 3xl with the hummel shirts, and with Kappa i am now apparently 4xl, so 1 size up for me
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Raging Penguin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:57 pm I was 3xl with the hummel shirts, and with Kappa i am now apparently 4xl, so 1 size up for me
3xl for me in Hummel so I'll give the one size up a go,I trust the club will be giving out free advice to those who are sensitive about their weight?"it's not you it's the shirt"that sort of thing🤣
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

In the Hummel kit I’m normally a size large.
So for this seasons shirt I ordered an XL.

A kappa XL is very similar to an Hummel large although the kappa top is longer in the body.

The Hummel kit quality is much better than this seasons kappa in my opinion
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

A person can be a 2xl & can 6 feet tall
Another person can be a 2xl but be 5 feet tall.

The length will be the same for both sizes. So the person who is 6 foot the length would probably be ideal. For the shorter person, the shirt could come down to their knees! This is the problem we have with every manufacturer we use apparently.

As for the sizing, they, Kappa are Italian, are never exactly the same as British sizing!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Japanese manufacturer next perhaps? ...
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:55 pm Japanese manufacturer next perhaps? ...
😂😂 They, Kappa, may be an Italian company but it wouldn’t surprise me if the shirts aren’t made in China as every fecking else is 😂😂
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:09 pm And long!!!
This makes me so happy. I got a polo shirt from the store just because of the length
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.