Leigh Leopards land their own footwear brand in unique sportswear deal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Leigh Leopards land their own footwear brand in unique sportswear deal

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

We definitely did have Patrick at some point. I'm thinking around 2003? Jjb red and white thick hoops. Was that Patrick?
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

We had the Patrick kit in 2005, the kit was red (not cherry) and white hoops for home and blue and white hoops for the away kit, the year after we had JJB as the kit manufacturer and also sponsor of the shirt, still one of my favourites that one.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:14 am https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295925889650 ... kIQAvD_BwE

2003 Wigan Warriors shirt
That’s probably why I didn’t remember it, the manufacturer logo wasn’t on view 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:05 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:00 pm We do have the Brogues from Lanx
And have you seen the price??
Gwen has offered a few times to buy me a pair but like you say the price just puts off
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Patrick, a Belgian firm, were best known for sponsoring Kevin Keegan back in the day. The sportswear market was growing fast and lots of companies tried their hand. I worked for Slazenger/Dunlop Sports in the late 70s to early 80s. We became agents for German company Puma. (Puma and Adidas were owned by 2 Dassler brothers Rudolf and Adolf - hence Adi-Das.)

The market became overcrowded. Nike and Adidas were the big winners. Slazenger went bust (someone like SD Sports bought the brand name years later and put panthers on Chinese-made t-shirts etc.)

Patrick pulled out of the UK in the 1990s and now seem to be dipping their toe in the water again. With Swinton as their other link-up, it doesn't sound like they're throwing millions at their relaunch here!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐