Ian Lenagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Ian Lenagan

Post by BriH »

Pardon my ignorance: I am right in thinking Ian Lenagan finishes end of November?

Is there anything planned to give a big 'Thank you' send-off?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Ian Lenagan

Post by Charriots Offiah »

BriH wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:35 pm Pardon my ignorance: I am right in thinking Ian Lenagan finishes end of November?

Is there anything planned to give a big 'Thank you' send-off?
He hands over the reigns on 1 December. The players and coaching staff rewarded him with a GF win and a rugby shirt dedicated to him. I am sure that there will be other things to follow.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

As this is Ian Lenegan's last full day as Chairman and Owner of Wigan Warriors, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for bringing success, stability and a viable and an exciting future to the club and best wishes for a long and happy retirement.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It's public knowledge that I have not been a fan of certain practices under Mr Lenagan, i.e. not sacking coaches, letting players decide when they want to retire from the club and jobs for the boys, but without him I don't think we would won the trophies we have won or had ended up in a better financial state or would have seen some of the players we have seen under another owner, I know I have moaned on many occasions about his stewardship but overall I am happy with what he brought to the club, Thank you Mr Lenagan for the trophies and the memories
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Yes let's not let it pass without Lenegans steadying hand god knows where the club would have ended up,yes he cut the cloth according to rugby leagues cloth and still lost money,still he lived the dream saw success and a few lean years too,so thank you it's been a fun ride.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would like to start with an apology. In 2008, I was in Sydney for the World Cup and was (inadvertently on my part) mistaken for him by the owner of an NRL club - and treated very well indeed. During the evening I had the privilege of being introduced to one of my all time heroes: summoned by said owner to meet the Wigan representatives. As I exited the scene, I happened to pass him on his way up the stairs. I often wonder how that panned out later…

For my part, he has never stopped investing in the club and doing what he believed was best. In any walk of life, everybody can do your job better than you can, and when you have to make dozens of judgement calls some of them will be wrong. I have enjoyed the vast majority of the time under his tenure (though the lows were very low). Good luck to him. He leaves us in a very strong position, and an exciting future. Which is the sign of wonderful stewardship.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Thank you Ian may you have the most important thing in life and I wish you and your family GOOD HEALTH from all supporters at Fir tree fishery may be added to the wall of Fame as a gesture
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thank you, Ian Leneghan. You have done the town of Wigan and the club proud.

I remember you jumping up and down with joy at New Craven Park (in your first year?), and knew then that you were a true fan. Your stewardship proved that you are also a canny businessman: sorting out Orrell and Robin Park, establishing a truly decent club culture, winning trophies too, and handing over to a successor who will build on the foundations you have laid.

Much more could be added. Thank you again from the darkest depths of Y***shire.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ian
Can I look over your memorabilia collection please so I can catalogue it

Thanks.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:54 pm Ian
Can I look over your memorabilia collection please so I can catalogue it

Thanks.
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan