Former Super League forward to fly to Bangladesh to continue inspiring charity work

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Former Super League forward to fly to Bangladesh to continue inspiring charity work

Post by josie andrews »

Former Super League man Keith Mason is set to release a book called Against All Odds, highlighting his life from troubled student at school, being a persistent youth offender, then managing to turn that all around and become a professional Rugby League player, playing in the Super League, NRL and representing his country.

The book also pictures the ups and downs in his Rugby League career and shows determination and the right mindset to achieve anything that you’re passionate about.

One of the many things Mason is doing and is very passionate about is acting, something he got into when he met American actor Micky Rourke in a club, the pair becoming good friends from then.

Years later, Micky asked him if he would feature in a film called SkinTraffik (2015) where he played a henchman called Mr Stiennier. Since then, Mason has gone on to appear in other stuff such as Killers Anonymous (2019) and even appeared in the popular British TV series Peaky Blinders.

Mason spoke exclusively to Serious About Rugby League on why he wanted to pursue a career in acting, explaining: “It was the back end of my career. I was looking for something else, a vision to way in for, and acting was that.

“I just persevered with it, and it took me ten years to get a lead role in the film Imperative, called The Punished in America, which is now streaming on Amazon, Mason concluded.”

The Imperative has helped Mason land another lead role called The Choson, in which he plays an Irish detective in a supernatural thriller that he will start filming in April next year.

In addition to his acting, Mason has also started to go into entrepreneurship. Mason made his merchandise called MasonMerch, a non-profit sportswear brand where all of the proceeds go to children and the Tafida Raqeeb Foundation.

Moreover he has also launched his own line of watches, which are called MasonWatches, Mason telling Serious About Rugby League about his entrepreneurship.

Mason explained: “I love making films, but I need to make a second and third income, and MasonMerch allows me to do that and lets me give back to the community.”

“I like to look at what Kevin Sinfield has done for Charity and what he’s done for Rob Burrow, and that’s what I want to do. I like to give back; that’s why I launched my MasonMerch to give back to children with brain injuries and hopefully, we can build the second-only hospital in the UK for children with brain injuries because there’s only one.”

He also has plans to continue his charitable work outside the UK, stating: “I will be flying out to Bangladesh in February. It’s a medical camp, so that will be good. I am going out with 40 doctors, and we will go around helping children who are very poorly.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former-s ... ork-85742/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan