WELCOME MR DANSON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: WELCOME MR DANSON

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Everything that he has done so far - the new signings, the WCC played on a day that suits us, the smooth roll out of kit etc - shows a high level of investment and professionalism. It is second hand, but I met someone whose job it is to find sponsorship who told me he was working on some great deals for us and was very impressed indeed by how slick our operations now are. So far, so very good.

WELCOME MR DANSON!
doc

Post by doc »

Well with 5 gigs lined up that will certainly generate revenue. I saw Simon Moran is promoting the Richard Ashcroft gigs so I assume he is also promoting the other three. Wonder why Wigan rather than Warrington?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

doc wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:01 pm Well with 5 gigs lined up that will certainly generate revenue. I saw Simon Moran is promoting the Richard Ashcroft gigs so I assume he is also promoting the other three. Wonder why Wigan rather than Warrington?
I am going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that Richard Ashcroft may have close ties to our ancient and loyal borough…
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 pm
doc wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:01 pm Well with 5 gigs lined up that will certainly generate revenue. I saw Simon Moran is promoting the Richard Ashcroft gigs so I assume he is also promoting the other three. Wonder why Wigan rather than Warrington?
I am going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that Richard Ashcroft may have close ties to our ancient and loyal borough…
And Warrington is the pits 😀
doc

Post by doc »

I could see why Richard Ashcroft wanted to play Wigan. Simon Moran, the promoter, is the Warrington owner. I was wondering why he was missing out on the chance to put some money their way, especially with the other gigs.
endoman

Post by endoman »

They haven’t got a spare pitch to use in Warrington.

Remember the state of st Helen’s pitch after the gigs there last year. I think this is a great use of the asset.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

endoman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:57 pm They haven’t got a spare pitch to use in Warrington.

Remember the state of st Helen’s pitch after the gigs there last year. I think this is a great use of the asset.
Hull KRs pitch was a mess too after the who and rod Stewart
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:57 pm They haven’t got a spare pitch to use in Warrington.

They have Victoria Park?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You need a lot of security in a park, though.
endoman

Post by endoman »

We'll never know the ins and outs, but owning Robin Park must help.... I just think it's a great thing, and will bring in a decent chunk of revenue. Congrats to whoever negotiated it, got the permits etc.