Squad numbers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Squad numbers

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wigan Warriors can confirm the first team squad numbers for the 2024 season.
There are 29 first team players for next year, with Jai Field (1), Jake Wardle (4), Liam Marshall (5), Harry Smith (7), Liam Byrne (10), Willie Isa (11), Liam Farrell (12) and Mike Cooper (14) all retaining their respective numbers from last season.

Our new signings have all been given their squad numbers with Adam Keighran taking the number 3 shirt, Luke Thompson taking number 16, whilst Kruise Leeming (17), Sam Walters (22), Tiaki Chan (24) and Sam Eseh (25) all secure their squad numbers.

Following a Top Try Scoring season in 2023, Abbas Miski will wear the number 2 shirt, with Bevan French taking number 6 after finishing last season as a formidable half back.

Ethan Havard moves into the number 8 shirt, whilst Brad O’Neill takes number 9 after cementing his place with a strong season at hooker last year.

Kaide Ellis also has a new squad number – taking the vacated 13 shirt – along with Patrick Mago (15), Tyler Dupree (19), Harvie Hill (20), Junior Nsemba (21), Ryan Hampshire (23), Zach Eckersley (26), Tom Forber (27), Jacob Douglas (28), Harvey Makin (29) and Jack Farrimond, who joins the first team squad from the Warriors Academy and Reserves set-up, will wear the number 30 shirt.

Since 2008, the No.18 shirt has been awarded to the Wigan Warriors fans as a way to recognise their valued and loyal support and that is no different for 2023.

** Edited Missing the link from the Warriors Website!
https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/12/ ... announced/
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Squad numbers

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

1. Field
2. Miski
3. Keighran
4. Wardle
5. Marshall
6. French
7. Smith
8. Havard
9. O Neil
10. Byrne
11. Isa
12. Farrell
13. Ellis
14. Cooper
15. Mago
16. Thompson
17. Leeming
18. Warriors fans
19. Dupree
20. Hill
21. Nsemba
22. Walters
23. Hampshire
24. Chan
25. Eseh
26. Eckersley
27. Forber
28. Douglas
29. Makin
30. Farrimond
doc

Post by doc »

Good to see that all the newbies bar Keighran who was signed as a direct replacement have to fight for a starting 13 squad number.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:12 pm Good to see that all the newbies bar Keighran who was signed as a direct replacement have to fight for a starting 13 squad number.
Yes, I agree 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As expected I feel good to see Ellis getting the 13 shirt he came on in big strides last season he does seem very settled here at Wigan.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:23 pm As expected I feel good to see Ellis getting the 13 shirt he came on in big strides last season he does seem very settled here at Wigan.
Yes 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Major Wigan Warriors signings suffer shock squad number snub

Wigan Warriors have confirmed the first team squad numbers for the 2024 season.

The club have made a whole host of huge signings following their title winning season in 2023 and they’ve now taken to social media to confirm their squad numbers for 2024, a statement on their website also confirming the news.

It read: “There are 29 first team players for next year, with Jai Field (1), Jake Wardle (4), Liam Marshall (5), Harry Smith (7), Liam Byrne (10), Willie Isa (11), Liam Farrell (12) and Mike Cooper (14) all retaining their respective numbers from last season.

Our new signings have all been given their squad numbers with Adam Keighran taking the number 3 shirt, Luke Thompson taking number 16, whilst Kruise Leeming (17), Sam Walters (22), Tiaki Chan (24) and Sam Eseh (25) all secure their squad numbers.”

It is a surprise to see Luke Thompson and Kruise Leeming miss out on the starting 13 especially Thompson who misses out on 13 to Kaide Ellis.

Following a Top Try Scoring season in 2023, Abbas Miski will wear the number 2 shirt, with Bevan French taking number 6 after finishing last season as a formidable half back.

Ethan Havard moves into the number 8 shirt, whilst Brad O’Neill takes number 9 after cementing his place with a strong season at hooker last year.

Kaide Ellis also has a new squad number – taking the vacated 13 shirt – along with Patrick Mago (15), Tyler Dupree (19), Harvie Hill (20), Junior Nsemba (21), Ryan Hampshire (23), Zach Eckersley (26), Tom Forber (27), Jacob Douglas (28), Harvey Makin (29) and Jack Farrimond, who joins the first team squad from the Warriors Academy and Reserves set-up, will wear the number 30 shirt.

Since 2008, the No.18 shirt has been awarded to the Wigan Warriors fans as a way to recognise their valued and loyal support and that is no different for 2023.Shirt printing will be available in store only from 10am on Thursday 14 December, priced at £12. Supporters who wish to have shirts printed that have already been purchased, must ensure the shirt is in a clean condition when returning for printing. Printed shirts cannot be exchanged for incorrect size.

It is an exciting time for the new Wigan signings such as Tiaki Chan. On signing for the club, he said:

“It’s been very different for me but I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. I’m learning everyday and I’m loving coming in and just working with a new group of lads.

“I got a call from Matty Peet who told me how professional it was and how straight to the point it was. I know how hard it is here as Wigan have always been one of the best and most successful Clubs in the world so that was part of the reason I wanted to join.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/major-wi ... nub-86136/
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Anyone know the age of Jack Farrimond?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:01 pm Anyone know the age of Jack Farrimond?
18/19 I think
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:03 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:01 pm Anyone know the age of Jack Farrimond?
18/19 I think
He is still academy age so must be 17 or 18.