WCC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: WCC

Post by adiddy »

Got straight on at 10.10 and bought two tickets in the south stand. Have to admit that the amount of seat spaces was looking sparse in SS3, SS4 and SS5. Out towards the edges had more availability. This is a massive game so I think we shouldn't rule out a sell out. Also the extra £4 cost is down as a world club challenge fee??
Last edited by adiddy on Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

adiddy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:54 am Got straight on at 10.10 and bought two tickets in the south stand. Have to admit that the amount of seat spaces was looking sparse in SS3, SS4 and SS5. Out towards the edges had more availability. This is a massive game so I think we shouldn't rule out a sell out.
We have our usual amount to sell plus the North stand
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Ticketing for this might not have anything to do with the club but the club didn't update its web site with the link to the correct ticketing web site until about 30 minutes after they went on sale.

Apparently the correct link was included in Facebook and X (twitter) posts but not for the first time the web site had not been updated accordingly. So if you were unaware of the social media posts and did the logical thing of clicking on "home tickets" under the ticketing part of the clubs web site you went up a blind alley. Until they belatedly updated the web site with the correct link which only appeared in the news item about tickets going on sale today, there was no link on the club website to buy tickets!

The fact the club web site tried to put to you in a queue if you went down the normal ticketing route just reinforced the idea you were in the right place but it just wasn't working.

Last time I looked if you went down the usual link for buying tickets on the club web site it didn't even list the WCC as an available type of ticket.

That may be because normal ticketing is also handled by a third party, who knows, but it has been a poor effort from the club when tickets are only available on-line that it is so not obvious on the club website where you need to navigate to buy tickets.

The fact you have to register when you buy is also confusing people if the Wigan Facebook groups are anything to go by. Many people have been trying to log in using there existing Wigan RL credentials which of course don't work.

The club should have put up clear instructions including that you had to register with the correct link rather than belatedly adding the link to the news article and the correct link should have been added to the normal ticketing menu on the club web site.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 am
adiddy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:54 am Got straight on at 10.10 and bought two tickets in the south stand. Have to admit that the amount of seat spaces was looking sparse in SS3, SS4 and SS5. Out towards the edges had more availability. This is a massive game so I think we shouldn't rule out a sell out.
We have our usual amount to sell plus the North stand
Yes I know this, but thinking positively looking at how the initial interest is in the match, it will be interesting to see ticket sales after day one. The fact that there is plenty of time before the match to get tickets. The opponents are a massive draw. The Wigan team and it's support is gathering momentum with increased season ticket sales. The neutral fan that wants to watch the game. The lost fan that has their interest peaked. It's an event game, and again I don't see why this game shouldn't sell out, it deserves a huge crowd.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Is the south stand reserved seating. Can't see any mention anywhere, and we usually buy our tickets separate.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well that was a poor experience. Hardly anything left in my sector (admittedly one of the more sought-after ones; WS6) by 11.30 am. I'd love to know who's buying them all up. No option I could get to work to pick your own tickets, just have to put up with "We've picked these seats for you". And no old git discount. :evil:

It seems those who rang up got a better deal, despite the talk being "Tickets go on sale online at 9 am". I guess i should have known better.

But If I'm being rooked for 37 bloody quid, I'd like to be able to sit in my own seat.

Also, what are you actually getting? A physical paper ticket? I don't want Print At Home: no printer. But a QR code sent to my phone is OK. Again, it's not made at all clear.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We were able to pick our seats by clicking on the buy from a map icon . Also got an over 60's discount of £5

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Just booked my ticket in ES6 close to my season ticket seat BUT NOT my seat. I think it is poor that season ticket holders weren't given the opportunity to book their regular seat.
There is ample time between now and game night for the random fans to book a seat, surely season ticket holders should have been afforded a few days to book their regular seat amongst the people they have been sat with for many years in some cases, then throw it open to the general public.
I did dither for a moment or two as to whether to get a ticket or not, purely because I felt it was inconsiderate not to give me first chance at my seat.
Never mind, I'm going to support the team and the club even if I do feel aggrieved.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:52 am Well that was a poor experience. Hardly anything left in my sector (admittedly one of the more sought-after ones; WS6) by 11.30 am. I'd love to know who's buying them all up. No option I could get to work to pick your own tickets, just have to put up with "We've picked these seats for you". And no old git discount. :evil:

It seems those who rang up got a better deal, despite the talk being "Tickets go on sale online at 9 am". I guess i should have known better.

But If I'm being rooked for 37 bloody quid, I'd like to be able to sit in my own seat.

Also, what are you actually getting? A physical paper ticket? I don't want Print At Home: no printer. But a QR code sent to my phone is OK. Again, it's not made at all clear.
Can't understand why you didn't get the Old Gits discount. I did (£29) and I booked on-line. It does say print at home on the receipt I got.

"Print Your Tickets

Your tickets will be sent out closer to the event as Print At Home. If you dont have your tickets a week before kick off, please contact the box office.

How To
Double Click the PDF attachment to open, to follow at a later date.
Click on the printer icon to print"

No idea if the PDF doc can be shown on your phone at the turnstile.

In another bit of top level administration I have received an email telling me tickets are now on sale. That arrived at 11:34 over two and half hours after they went on sale :roll:
Skemfoozie

Post by Skemfoozie »

I notice on my bank it’s Ticketmaster they’re using now so that explains why I was charged the extra 4 quid…bloody Ticketmaster