WCC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: WCC

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:42 am Is the south stand reserved seating. Can't see any mention anywhere, and we usually buy our tickets separate.
It’s all reserved seating.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We are slow off the mark, but we have a bigger group to organise than the core season ticket holders so we would probably not have chosen our season ticket seats. We need to get our act together though, and some of us are in different positions financially, so it might be January before we sort this. It will be worth it, though. Can’t wait.

(I was also mulling over what it would be like to have sat near Dave O at matches for 20 years, but decided not to comment 😇)
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:01 am Ticketing for this might not have anything to do with the club but the club didn't update its web site with the link to the correct ticketing web site until about 30 minutes after they went on sale.

Apparently the correct link was included in Facebook and X (twitter) posts but not for the first time the web site had not been updated accordingly. So if you were unaware of the social media posts and did the logical thing of clicking on "home tickets" under the ticketing part of the clubs web site you went up a blind alley. Until they belatedly updated the web site with the correct link which only appeared in the news item about tickets going on sale today, there was no link on the club website to buy tickets!

The fact the club web site tried to put to you in a queue if you went down the normal ticketing route just reinforced the idea you were in the right place but it just wasn't working.

Last time I looked if you went down the usual link for buying tickets on the club web site it didn't even list the WCC as an available type of ticket.

That may be because normal ticketing is also handled by a third party, who knows, but it has been a poor effort from the club when tickets are only available on-line that it is so not obvious on the club website where you need to navigate to buy tickets.

The fact you have to register when you buy is also confusing people if the Wigan Facebook groups are anything to go by. Many people have been trying to log in using there existing Wigan RL credentials which of course don't work.

The club should have put up clear instructions including that you had to register with the correct link rather than belatedly adding the link to the news article and the correct link should have been added to the normal ticketing menu on the club web site.
All correct that.

Makes the club look a bit amateur even if not 100% down to them.
I’s and dots should have been crossed by management in advance.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

100%. With all the issues DaveO so eloquently points out, we were unable to secure our usual seats on row X of ES5. We ended up with (admittedly arguably better) seats on row U, but that has no doubt upset more loyal ST holders, with the ensuing domino effect. The stadium holds 25k - surely ST holders could have been given a day or two, leading plenty to go round?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i can see both sides to this argument re ST allocation etc

agree, a day / 2 days to get preferred tickets or leave them as reserved on the system until said user chooses them and then release to general sale, but still allow the general sale to be going on at the same time

however, having been a ST holder for many years (not now), i can say that many never attended non home league games in the East Stand anyway. I would be sat there with loads of empties around me and some random people who had chosen the tickets as a one off, so i can understand some of the frustration, but equally kettle, pot, black springs to mind, when many dont pay for one off games anyway

I got 5 tickets in the South about 11am just behind the sticks, so no issues with system for me. I had to re-register, but other than being mindful about the timer on each section of the check out process and about 90s once it went to the banking app to confirm, i had no issues whatsoever
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Been sent a message this morning that we’ve sold 10,000 seats already
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

10,000 Tickets sold for World Club Challenge

Wigan Warriors are pleased to report that over 10,000 tickets have been sold for the World Club Challenge in 24-hours.

Wigan to face Penrith at the DW Stadium on Saturday 24 February, 8pm K.O.

Tickets are available online only HERE. https://www.eticketing.co.uk/po2/

A record number of tickets have sold in 24-hours with over 10,000 tickets purchased for the highly anticipated ‘Clash of the Champions’ as Super League Champions Wigan Warriors take on NRL Premiers Penrith Panthers at the DW Stadium next February.

Tickets went on sale at 9am on Wednesday 20th December to all supporters and Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce that over 10,000 tickets have already been sold in the first 24-hours of sales.

Four-time winners Wigan Warriors will be looking for a record-equalling fifth World Club Challenge title while Penrith will be looking to claim their first win in four attempts.

The ticketing platform for this fixture has been agreed upon in conjunction with Penrith Panthers and is similar to that used for the Challenge Cup Final in 2022.

Following on from previous supporter feedback, ensuring that season ticket holder priority for ticketed fixtures is on our ticketing roadmap for 2024. Unfortunately, it is not something that is possible for this fixture. We would like to thank all our loyal season ticket holders for their patience in this matter and assure you that all feedback is taken seriously and acted upon to ensure we are providing the best possible service that we can for all supporters.

Tickets for the 2024 Betfred World Club Challenge are now on sale online at wwrl.net/wcctickets. Please note that this game is all reserved seating, including the North and South stands.

To purchase tickets, all supporters will need to create an account. A £2 per ticket booking fee applies.

For disabled/ambulant/carer tickets, please call 01942 311 111.

Penrith supporters are encouraged to purchase seats in NS5 and ES2 to be seated with fellow Panthers fans.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/12/ ... challenge/
endoman

Post by endoman »

Given up trying, website hangs at the processing page, 3 attempts. email sent to the address provided on registration.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

endoman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:06 pm Given up trying, website hangs at the processing page, 3 attempts. email sent to the address provided on registration.
Try later in the evening it may just be really busy, got mine yesterday and apart from the short time that it allows you to complete the payment section (2 factor authentication with the bank) which I didnt get to in time, it processed okay for me
endoman

Post by endoman »

Got to the bank bit 3 times, approved in banking app, then just a wheel of death for 5 minutes. No money left the bank, so will try again later.