WCC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: WCC

Post by Suzieb »

Very hard to find 2 seats together apart from in the corners
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:04 pm Very hard to find 2 seats together apart from in the corners
Seems to be plenty seats together in east stand sector E9.
endoman

Post by endoman »

ES3 and ES8 also showing plenty pairs on the 20M lines.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Just got 4 together in East Stand, second block in from the SE end, very near the top. As near to the middle as I could get and only single seats left in South Stand.

I've seen 3 of our 4 wins (missed Brisbane!), and only seen us lose once. Looking forward to buying a shirt with 5 stars on before I cast off this mortal coil. :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan chief Kris Radlinski aiming for World Club Challenge sell-out with memorable week of events

Warriors chief executive Kris Radlinski is working on putting together a memorable week for both supporters and players for next year’s World Club Challenge showdown with a sell-out in sight.

NRL champions Penrith Panthers take on Matt Peet’s Wigan next February, Saturday 24, at the DW Stadium with more than 15,000 tickets already snapped up for the highly-anticipated clash

Warriors kick-off their title-defending Super League campaign away to Castleford Tigers the week prior before returning home for the World Club Challenge in search of their record-equalling fifth title.

Club legend Frano Botica has been confirmed for the Loch Lomond Legends Series in the lead-up to the game and will be a guest of honour for the mouth-watering clash.

And Radlinski admits he has more plans to make the occasion a memorable one for all involved, with Wigan featuring in the biggest game in club rugby league for the first time since 2019.

He said: “We want to sell out the stadium and create an event that not only will make it memorable for the fans, but I want Penrith Panthers to go home and think ‘that was one of the best things I’ve ever been involved in.’

“February in Wigan is quite cold and dark and I like the thought of that.

“I like the thought of everyone coming, wrapping up warm and the smell of fireworks before the game.

We’ll put some music on and the game won’t disappoint. I want them [Penrith] to leave with fond memories of Wigan and Super League and saying that we do things right.

“We’re working through a week of activities to celebrate the game, community engagement and dinners, for example.

“It’s going to be a great week for Wigan.”

The fixture will see some of the game’s biggest names travel to England next year, including the likes of 2023 Clive Churchill Medal winner Nathan Cleary, half-back partner Jarome Luai – although both are recovering from Grand Final injuries - and prolific try-scoring winger Brian To’o as Penrith search for their first-ever World Club Challenge victory.

Ivan Cleary’s side staged one of the greatest comebacks in NRL history earlier in October to secure a three-peat, overcoming a 16-point deficit to beat Brisbane Broncos 26-24 and become the first team in 40 years to win three straight premierships down under.

“I want their players to enjoy it,” Radlinski continued. “These guys have won the title three times in a row.

“Nathan Cleary is 26 and has three rings, he could potentially finish as one of the greatest players of all time.

“We’ll play on that. I don’t want our players worrying too much about that, they’ll want to beat them, but from a marketing point of view, these are as good as it gets if you’re a rugby league purist.

I know the likes of St Helens fans very well and how much they love rugby league and I know there'll be people there who want to go and watch the likes of Nathan Cleary. He’s a superstar.

“This is an opportunity to come and see the best.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ts-4460598
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 pm Just got 4 together in East Stand, second block in from the SE end, very near the top. As near to the middle as I could get and only single seats left in South Stand.

I've seen 3 of our 4 wins (missed Brisbane!), and only seen us lose once. Looking forward to buying a shirt with 5 stars on before I cast off this mortal coil. :D
It will mean another star tattoo for me if we win 😃
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:08 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 pm Just got 4 together in East Stand, second block in from the SE end, very near the top. As near to the middle as I could get and only single seats left in South Stand.

It will mean another star tattoo for me if we win 😃
Correction "When we win" 🥰🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:23 pm Wigan chief Kris Radlinski aiming for World Club Challenge sell-out with memorable week of events

Warriors chief executive Kris Radlinski is working on putting together a memorable week for both supporters and players for next year’s World Club Challenge showdown with a sell-out in sight.

NRL champions Penrith Panthers take on Matt Peet’s Wigan next February, Saturday 24, at the DW Stadium with more than 15,000 tickets already snapped up for the highly-anticipated clash

Warriors kick-off their title-defending Super League campaign away to Castleford Tigers the week prior before returning home for the World Club Challenge in search of their record-equalling fifth title.

Club legend Frano Botica has been confirmed for the Loch Lomond Legends Series in the lead-up to the game and will be a guest of honour for the mouth-watering clash.

And Radlinski admits he has more plans to make the occasion a memorable one for all involved, with Wigan featuring in the biggest game in club rugby league for the first time since 2019.

He said: “We want to sell out the stadium and create an event that not only will make it memorable for the fans, but I want Penrith Panthers to go home and think ‘that was one of the best things I’ve ever been involved in.’

“February in Wigan is quite cold and dark and I like the thought of that.

“I like the thought of everyone coming, wrapping up warm and the smell of fireworks before the game.

We’ll put some music on and the game won’t disappoint. I want them [Penrith] to leave with fond memories of Wigan and Super League and saying that we do things right.

“We’re working through a week of activities to celebrate the game, community engagement and dinners, for example.

“It’s going to be a great week for Wigan.”

The fixture will see some of the game’s biggest names travel to England next year, including the likes of 2023 Clive Churchill Medal winner Nathan Cleary, half-back partner Jarome Luai – although both are recovering from Grand Final injuries - and prolific try-scoring winger Brian To’o as Penrith search for their first-ever World Club Challenge victory.

Ivan Cleary’s side staged one of the greatest comebacks in NRL history earlier in October to secure a three-peat, overcoming a 16-point deficit to beat Brisbane Broncos 26-24 and become the first team in 40 years to win three straight premierships down under.

“I want their players to enjoy it,” Radlinski continued. “These guys have won the title three times in a row.

“Nathan Cleary is 26 and has three rings, he could potentially finish as one of the greatest players of all time.

“We’ll play on that. I don’t want our players worrying too much about that, they’ll want to beat them, but from a marketing point of view, these are as good as it gets if you’re a rugby league purist.

I know the likes of St Helens fans very well and how much they love rugby league and I know there'll be people there who want to go and watch the likes of Nathan Cleary. He’s a superstar.

“This is an opportunity to come and see the best.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ts-4460598
How exciting is that. Can’t wait.