New players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robbobillinge

New players

Post by robbobillinge »

As many of us do, I like to think that WWarriors are one of the most professional RL clubs in the world. It disappoints me then, when I go onto the Club Website and see that 5 of the 6 new players are not listed in the team and, whilst Adam Keiran is listed, there is no photo. Am I out on a limb here? Love to know peoples thoughts.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: New players

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Yes see where you are coming from the club site is very poorly run and updates are not up to standards. The good thing is tho you can come on here and be updated hourly there's a lot on here knowledgeable and up to date on club affairs in fact thought many times club dont bother because of the up to date running of this site.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Sport wide problem. Club websites are never updated across the competition. The NRL team sites are all the same template so if you see a player you want to know more about you click on the team site and can read a detailed profile of them. Here, both the club and Super League website are useless. Players can go for two or three seasons with no picture and 'Biography to Follow'. How are we meant to create interest in the stars of our game when the clubs can't be bothered to provide stats and information on them?

How hard can it be to take a photo of all 30 first team squad members and find out height weight date of birth, place of birth and come up with a paragraph / five lines of bio? Someone on work experience could do it!
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

How hard can it be to take a photo of all 30 first team squad members and find out height weight date of birth, place of birth and come up with a paragraph / five lines of bio? Someone on work experience could do it!
I’ve said exactly this many times. I could do it in an afternoon! In fact get josie and her connections to have a word and I will pop down and knock it out in a couple of hours for them!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

w.thomas wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:12 pm
I’ve said exactly this many times. I could do it in an afternoon! In fact get josie and her connections to have a word and I will pop down and knock it out in a couple of hours for them!
I could do it for them voluntarily! It’s the same with everything today ‘no pride in your work" IMO

Think that’s the trouble with me, worked majority of my working life in quality control, my motto was
"You’re paid to do it right & proper first time!”
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:45 am
w.thomas wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:12 pm
I could do it for them voluntarily! It’s the same with everything today ‘no pride in your work" IMO

Think that’s the trouble with me, worked majority of my working life in quality control, my motto was
"You’re paid to do it right & proper first time!”
The level of customer service in this country in general has dropped off a cliff.

I walked into my bank the other day with some coins to deposit. The staff (who all looked about 12) looked at me as if I had come off a different planet.

"We don't accept coins here".

Sorry I thought you were a bank?????
endoman

Post by endoman »

Trying to find people to employ who have any attention to detail and can write in understandable English, not reach for a calculator at the sight of some maths, is getting harder and harder. It's possible, but it's much more challenging. Say something, and you risk being accused of bullying...
jobo

Post by jobo »

endoman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:11 am Trying to find people to employ who have any attention to detail and can write in understandable English, not reach for a calculator at the sight of some maths, is getting harder and harder. It's possible, but it's much more challenging. Say something, and you risk being accused of bullying...
Newspeak, like "of" has become the new "have"
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:00 pm
endoman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:11 am Trying to find people to employ who have any attention to detail and can write in understandable English, not reach for a calculator at the sight of some maths, is getting harder and harder. It's possible, but it's much more challenging. Say something, and you risk being accused of bullying...
Newspeak, like "of" has become the new "have"
YES! That does my tree in! Also "are" instead of "our", people are becoming more& more illiterate the older I become.

It’s since the schools authorities changed the way spelling was taught years ago, to write how you say it or how it sounds! WTF? Lazy, lazy teaching

It’s so very sad when we have such a wonderful language.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Depends on the school Josie.
My grandsons are taught correct spellings and grammar. The younger one, aged 7, read to/with me after their tea last night.
They have little tests every one or two weeks.
All depends on the school!

As far as the club website, they need to do better in keeping it up to date.