BBC to screen live Super League matches on a Saturday evening for next three years in major boost for RL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Re: BBC to screen live Super League matches on a Saturday evening for next three years in major boost for RL

Post by Nezza Faz »

I think if you have Sky you can select “Series link” which will record whatever programme is on at any particular time.
the pieman

Re: BBC to screen live Super League matches on a Saturday evening for next three years in major boost for RL

Post by the pieman »

Good news (or appears to be) for RL

Get a decent weekly slot (same time / same channel) and we should see some good viewing figures.

it also wont take much advertising to ensure that there are people aware that the games are on. Friday night, just as Eastenders comes on / goes off would be ideal for the typical non RL heartlands audience to grab their attention (i know more than just southerners watch it too :) ). Equally, get Gary Lineker on MoTD etc to push the following weeks game as part of the summary of the following weeks sports
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm disappointed C4 didn't put the money where their mouth was, cos their coverage was surely better than the BBC'S increasingly tired efforts, unless they sharpen things up.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hopefully the SL Show will become much more like MOTD with proper camera angles and highlights from all the games now. I could never be bothered to watch it really.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm I think if you have Sky you can select “Series link” which will record whatever programme is on at any particular time.
    No it doesn’t as we found out. Series link only works if the program is on the same channel every week. If it swaps from BBC 1 to BBC 2 it doesn’t record it.
    Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Green Machine wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:34 pm
      Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm I think if you have Sky you can select “Series link” which will record whatever programme is on at any particular time.
      No it doesn’t as we found out. Series link only works if the program is on the same channel every week. If it swaps from BBC 1 to BBC 2 it doesn’t record it.
      Put it on series link for both BBC 1 and BBC 2
      moto748

Post by moto748 »

Has TSLS ever been on BBC1 then? I don't recall.
      the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:04 am Has TSLS ever been on BBC1 then? I don't recall.
      yes i think it has and pretty regular, but after 11.30pm, into the early hours

the issue with the show, is that its on at different time, different channel every week, so even hardcore fans get bored trying to find out when its on and sometimes i think it may be classed as a regional programme, so may not show on all schedules
      WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

the pieman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:05 am
      moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:04 am Has TSLS ever been on BBC1 then? I don't recall.
      yes i think it has and pretty regular, but after 11.30pm, into the early hours

the issue with the show, is that its on at different time, different channel every week, so even hardcore fans get bored trying to find out when its on and sometimes i think it may be classed as a regional programme, so may not show on all schedules
      As far as I was aware it is always on BBC1 but like you say it is classed as a regional programme so it is not on all schedules, sometimes the region on my TV gets screwed up and I get repeats of the Greame Norton show instead of the Superleague show, the main issue for me is the constant changing of the time, you look for it in the listing and find that it is first shown at 1am on the Monday then repeated on BBC2 during the day on the Tuesday, the following week it is on at 10:30 so you end up missing it.
      jobo

Post by jobo »

TSLS is on BBC i player. You can watch them all at your leisure and fast forward the boring bits.