Club ticketing to change in 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Club ticketing to change in 2024

Post by josie andrews »

It also advertises Wigan Athletic game tickets for sale now on the Wigan Warriors website e-tickets site.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/po2/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:32 pm It also advertises Wigan Athletic game tickets for sale now on the Wigan Warriors website e-tickets site.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/po2/
Club Wigan!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Looming disaster.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Judging by the WCC game, there is a £2 per ticket admin fee, but no delivery fee as they are print at home tickets.

I bought my tickets before Christmas and there was a £2 per ticket 'World Club Challenge' so go figure 🤷‍♂️
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

I would much prefer my season ticket on my
Phone rather than a little plastic card.

Hope this move works out well for the club
PJC

Post by PJC »

The digital world is seen as the best way forward. We did fine without this booking system before. I wouldn’t mind pay at the turnstile as of old. The trouble is that if you claim the past was better you are seen as not wanting to move on. My printer is broken.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

If the only way to buy a ticket is online and means a booking fee involved plus it’s less convenient for the older generation , add to the mix every game being streamed live and people will stop attending games and watch at home
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

How will I purchase tickets when the system is live?

As part of both Clubs’ commitment to reducing the impact on the environment, we will be making a transition to selling and fulfilling the majority of tickets online. Tickets can be purchased via the Wigan Warriors website and will be fulfilled via the issue of a digital ticket.

This part in the faq's may mean some tickets can still be purchased at the ticket office, whilst we are moving to a digital age, there still needs to be a route for those who just can't access online platforms
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am How will I purchase tickets when the system is live?

As part of both Clubs’ commitment to reducing the impact on the environment, we will be making a transition to selling and fulfilling the majority of tickets online. Tickets can be purchased via the Wigan Warriors website and will be fulfilled via the issue of a digital ticket.

This part in the faq's may mean some tickets can still be purchased at the ticket office, whilst we are moving to a digital age, there still needs to be a route for those who just can't access online platforms

In the faq ‘s it also says you need to set up a Ticketmaster account. Is this account with Ticketmaster themselves, or part of the Wigan Warriors set up? I am not a bit tech savvy, as when l went to school you had up to the 12x table printed on the back of your exercise book. We will have to wait and see how this impending disaster (from my point of view) will work. Hopefully it will be straight forward but as technology does sometimes fail l hope there will still be a ticket office you can visit when necessary. How many people think modern technology will make things nice and easy and straightforward for a change? Being selfish not many of us older ones I’ll bet, who have lots of time to visit the ticket office in person
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Is it any wonder people are sceptical about modern tech when we listen to the tales of the Post Office and Fujitsu?

So if we buy on line we are to be clouted with a £2 ticket charge. If we buy at the club's ticket office will we be charged the £2, or not?
Maybe it will be buy in advance on line at, say, £25 per ticket plus £2 Ticketmaster rip off or alternatively buy on the day at the ground where the ticket price on the day is £30.

This will create far more problems than it will solve, just isn't a good look for the club at all.