Club ticketing to change in 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Club ticketing to change in 2024

Post by Mike »

It will be totally fine. Despite the fees, Ticketmaster is a well established system which should remove a lot of the ticketing problems we've had in the past. There seems to be an excessive amount of concern about what is essentially a totally standard system and a reliability upgrade.

I note that those saying how they won't be able to use it because they're not technologically minded are doing that on a website. If you can login and post here, then you can login and buy tickets on Ticketmaster. It's not a dark art.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Not everything that l have posted on here has gone to the right place and sometimes not gone at all, but at least they didn’t contain any financial details l sincerely hope you are right Mike but l fear between them and myself there is a potential cock-up. Someone told me 20 odd years ago 90% of computer faults occur between the chair and the keyboard and l bet l am less efficient than that.
Last edited by Fizz Bomb on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:03 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am How will I purchase tickets when the system is live?

As part of both Clubs’ commitment to reducing the impact on the environment, we will be making a transition to selling and fulfilling the majority of tickets online. Tickets can be purchased via the Wigan Warriors website and will be fulfilled via the issue of a digital ticket.

This part in the faq's may mean some tickets can still be purchased at the ticket office, whilst we are moving to a digital age, there still needs to be a route for those who just can't access online platforms

In the faq ‘s it also says you need to set up a Ticketmaster account. Is this account with Ticketmaster themselves, or part of the Wigan Warriors set up? I am not a bit tech savvy, as when l went to school you had up to the 12x table printed on the back of your exercise book. We will have to wait and see how this impending disaster (from my point of view) will work. Hopefully it will be straight forward but as technology does sometimes fail l hope there will still be a ticket office you can visit when necessary. How many people think modern technology will make things nice and easy and straightforward for a change? Being selfish not many of us older ones I’ll bet, who have lots of time to visit the ticket office in person
From what I can gather it is an account with Ticketmaster, however I think they will potentially offer some other form of way to purchase tickets not online, just from an equalities point of view as not everyone can/does have access to the web or the know how.
PJC

Post by PJC »

If you have no printer will you need a smart phone onto which your ticket is downloaded from ticket master .This is then shown at the turnstile. ?
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

PJC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:04 pm If you have no printer will you need a smart phone onto which your ticket is downloaded from ticket master .This is then shown at the turnstile. ?
From what it says on the website it will be either a download ticket or a print at home option
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:26 pm
PJC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:04 pm If you have no printer will you need a smart phone onto which your ticket is downloaded from ticket master .This is then shown at the turnstile. ?
From what it says on the website it will be either a download ticket or a print at home option
And typically, if you can do neither you can pickup your tickets from the ticket office. You'd just need to write down (pen and paper) your reference number, and often not even that - you just need your ID or card.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

In my opinion the club have to be very careful here. Tickets for Penrith match were booked via Ticket Master and included the usual excessive booking fee. Hence making the ticket even more expensive (booking fee for doing nothing as I go online, I do the search and book, and I then print off the ticket using my printer and my ink, in my time) Therefore I suspect all future Warriors tickets via ticketmaster will include a (money for nothing) booking fee. In a cost of living crisis, this makes the cost of a ticket even more expensive. Now, factor in that it looks like every Warriors game will be televised (which I have concerns with on the impact on future attendances) and I suspect fans will (because of extortionate cost and many already paying for sky sports) will not be able to afford it and decide to watch the games at home or in the pub. Now I know I'll get the responses about true fans etc etc but this is my opinion (I hope I'm wrong) and I fear for future attendances for regular league games. Also it ain't gonna look good on television showing mega empty stadia. Let's be honest, the DW looks half empty even with a larger attendance. And finally, before I get the season ticket option, not everybody can afford a season ticket nor can they commit to attending all the games to make it value for money (particularly as matches look like they're gonna be all over the place Thursday-Sunday and at crazy times in the future.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

I endorse everything you say.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Good post Bob 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Spot on Bob. Their needs to be a balance. I'm happy I can watch games i don't go to, but having every game on TV will make it a little too easy for some fans to not make the effort to go to games