Club ticketing to change in 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Club ticketing to change in 2024

Post by Mike »

Hopefully this will work out. In other sports I can think of with full TV availability it hasn't harmed them, the extra exposure has added value. Only time will tell for RL in Europe. It's hard to say what will happen in these economic time in our regional game.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:09 am Hopefully this will work out. In other sports I can think of with full TV availability it hasn't harmed them, the extra exposure has added value. Only time will tell for RL in Europe. It's hard to say what will happen in these economic time in our regional game.
Which sports with lower audiences has it worked for? Lower leagues in football struggle, you saw last night Blackpool playing at home to a premiership team in the cup really struggling for numbers with it being on ITV. I know Blackpool aren't a massive team by any stretch but it's the same sort of situation
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I am still battling to speak to a human about an apparent problem with my Penrith ticket, been at it all week. So I view any further interaction with Ticketmaster (and yes, I realise they said it's a different system) with absolute dread. At least STHs will still be able to stroll into home games. but we'll be forced into this faff for all away games? The Challenge Cup? ATEOTD, this is only going to cost fans a surcharge, isn't it? Why should we welcome it?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:36 am I am still battling to speak to a human about an apparent problem with my Penrith ticket, been at it all week. So I view any further interaction with Ticketmaster (and yes, I realise they said it's a different system) with absolute dread. At least STHs will still be able to stroll into home games. but we'll be forced into this faff for all away games? The Challenge Cup? ATEOTD, this is only going to cost fans a surcharge, isn't it? Why should we welcome it?
There isn’t a limited amount of characters you can post in any one post, please don’t use text speak, not everyone understands it especially if it’s as long as the one highlighted 😂

I had to keep looking to understand what you meant 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Glad you've taken the important point from my post, Josie.
PJC

Post by PJC »

If Wigan games are to become more readily available on “TV” and tickets are harder to come by people' will turn to watching games using TV/i phones.
Many “fans” cannot put their I phones down while watching live games.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:48 am Glad you've taken the important point from my post, Josie.
I saw & read the important point from your post thank you!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

I purchased my ticket on line on 20/12/23 for £31, as of today I have not yet received that ticket. Has anyone else suffered the same fate, still waiting for ticket to be issued.
I'm getting concerned now because after speaking to a friend today he assures me he has got his on a smart phone.
I have got a receipt for that purchase.

Thank you
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

eaststandspy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:56 pm I purchased my ticket on line on 20/12/23 for £31, as of today I have not yet received that ticket. Has anyone else suffered the same fate, still waiting for ticket to be issued.
I'm getting concerned now because after speaking to a friend today he assures me he has got his on a smart phone.
I have got a receipt for that purchase.

Thank you
We haven’t got our tickets yet. In the confirmation email it states at the bottom

Ticket Delivery

Tickets are issued as digital tickets as standard. These will be issued to this email address closer to the time of the event.

Hope this helps 😊
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

My ticket says it will be delived to my home address unless a different delivery method was chosen, I bought it through the link on the Wigan website, I have not had any email confirmation either I just screen grabbed the purchase confirmation