Club ticketing to change in 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Club ticketing to change in 2024

Post by moto748 »

eaststandspy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:56 pm I purchased my ticket on line on 20/12/23 for £31, as of today I have not yet received that ticket. Has anyone else suffered the same fate, still waiting for ticket to be issued.
I'm getting concerned now because after speaking to a friend today he assures me he has got his on a smart phone.
I have got a receipt for that purchase.

Thank you
This is exactly it; I am in the same boat. I think there are two points here:

1. We should distinguish between fans who bought through the club, and those who bought through Ticketmaster. I bought mine through TM.

2. I've heard people say, I've got my ticket, but on closer interrogation, either it's a mate whose getting their ticket for them, and they don't really know the details, or what's actually happened is that they've received a confirmatory email (but not the ticket yet). I have received no such email from TM, and as far as I know, I should have done. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have literally been battling all week to try to talk to a human at TM to sort this out. last thing I was told was, someone would ring me this afternoon between 1 and 5 pm. Needless to say, they didn't.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:03 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:56 pm I purchased my ticket on line on 20/12/23 for £31, as of today I have not yet received that ticket. Has anyone else suffered the same fate, still waiting for ticket to be issued.
I'm getting concerned now because after speaking to a friend today he assures me he has got his on a smart phone.
I have got a receipt for that purchase.

Thank you
This is exactly it; I am in the same boat. I think there are two points here:

1. We should distinguish between fans who bought through the club, and those who bought through Ticketmaster. I bought mine through TM.

2. I've heard people say, I've got my ticket, but on closer interrogation, either it's a mate whose getting their ticket for them, and they don't really know the details, or what's actually happened is that they've received a confirmatory email (but not the ticket yet). I have received no such email from TM, and as far as I know, I should have done. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have literally been battling all week to try to talk to a human at TM to sort this out. last thing I was told was, someone would ring me this afternoon between 1 and 5 pm. Needless to say, they didn't.
I don’t know what to suggest or who to contact, I’m sorry.

Have you tried the ticket office to see if there is anything on their system?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think the ticket office would be much help, as I didn't buy the ticket from the club (I would have done, if their system had been better!). But on the upside, there is plenty of time to sort this out. It's annoying, but I'm sure it'll be sorted eventually.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

But obviously, it doesn't make me thrilled to hear of their further involvement.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:20 am I don't think the ticket office would be much help, as I didn't buy the ticket from the club (I would have done, if their system had been better!). But on the upside, there is plenty of time to sort this out. It's annoying, but I'm sure it'll be sorted eventually.
You could still give it a try. There must be a record of your purchase & seat number on their system.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well as it turns out, this morning's email epistle from Ticketmaster actually said, we don't deal with this (contrary to what they'd said earlier), and we can't help you because Data Protection Act. But you should contact (gives eticketing link). And that link just went straight to the Stadium Ticket Office!

So the upshot is that I have written another chapter to them this morning, repeating the whole sorry story.

And hoping it gets resolved before February! :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm Well as it turns out, this morning's email epistle from Ticketmaster actually said, we don't deal with this (contrary to what they'd said earlier), and we can't help you because Data Protection Act. But you should contact (gives eticketing link). And that link just went straight to the Stadium Ticket Office!

So the upshot is that I have written another chapter to them this morning, repeating the whole sorry story.

And hoping it gets resolved before February! :roll:
You need to complain to the club itself describing the issues you, & probably many more fans, have been experiencing ☹️
munromagic

Post by munromagic »

I purchased 7 tickets in December and got confirmation that ' these are not tickets'. If not received 1WEEK before game then contact them!
Someone at club shop said there may have been PDF attachment with tickets on it - there was'nt!
Ticket office have just told me there is nothing they can do and to wait until 1 week before game!
Anyone know a good barrister??
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'll keep my powder dry for now, Josie. First of all I want to get the situation resolved. After that, maybe I can see if I am the only one affected. And I want to be sure I have all my facts straight, before I go in with all guns blazing!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Still no response sighted from the Ticket Office. :(