The Wigan Way - New Podcast - Phil Clarke special

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

The Wigan Way - New Podcast - Phil Clarke special

Post by No straw damn us »

Hi all

Latest edition of "The Wigan Way" podcast now available

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3EG7zW ... eIRr4lNauw

A great hour interviewing Wigan & GB/England Legend Phil Clarke
Phil talks about his early years and signing for Wigan, development through the Colts and A Team and then stepping into the 1st Team at a time when some of the Greatest players ever to pull on the cherry & white were sweeping all before them
He discusses some of the great games he was involved in, his highs and lows and his move to Sydney Roosters in 95 and the injury that ended his career
He also discusses his post playing career, his time as CEO at Wigan 98/99 and his Commentary work with Sky for the past 20+ years

Please spread the word and as always feedback is appreciated (they've shortend/edited this one to an hour as per previous feedback)

PS
There is also a 90min special with Andy Gregory that we recorded in November
Apologies as forgot to let people know about that one
Cheers (One behalf of Jukesays)
lucky 13

Re: The Wigan Way - New Podcast - Phil Clarke special

Post by lucky 13 »

Any Wigan fan not listened to these I would recommend them. Still find myself listening to them again a few times in car or when I have head down at work. For me the club should take note of what the guys are doing and ask if they would get involved with Wigan more either through access to players or on the TV side of it as it would definitely spruce up the value and content.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
endoman

Post by endoman »

Listened to both of them on the way to and from Birmingham today. Very good.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:01 pm Any Wigan fan not listened to these I would recommend them. Still find myself listening to them again a few times in car or when I have head down at work. For me the club should take note of what the guys are doing and ask if they would get involved with Wigan more either through access to players or on the TV side of it as it would definitely spruce up the value and content.
You don’t want the people at the club to get involved at all. They are young people who only know about social media & having their phones stuck in their hand 24/7! Bloody hell! they can’t keep the main official site updated! Please don’t let them near this site🙏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Or turn it around completely in that if they was to get people like this involved they could make the official stuff much better. I really don't think a dedicated fan or two with access to the official media outlets couldn't make a real difference. The actual website seems a second thought at timed and the updates on other social media stuff can't take much more than a hour or so a day? If the club does want to engage more fans especially youth they should invest in those outlets with vigour.
The website at least should be updated more regularly and the Wigan TV needs more content to be of real worth.
The mini documentary series is very good for example. I know it's probably down to cost but other teams seem to be as good if not better.
I would love someone to do a documentary style recap of winning seasons like the NFL do with America's game. It would be great to pick out important points in a given season interview certain players coaches involved and use game footage to highlight certain plays like they do on the screen after games. I can but dream of us doing such a thing.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:08 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:01 pm Any Wigan fan not listened to these I would recommend them. Still find myself listening to them again a few times in car or when I have head down at work. For me the club should take note of what the guys are doing and ask if they would get involved with Wigan more either through access to players or on the TV side of it as it would definitely spruce up the value and content.
You don’t want the people at the club to get involved at all. They are young people who only know about social media & having their phones stuck in their hand 24/7! Bloody hell! they can’t keep the main official site updated! Please don’t let them near this site🙏🏼
Well some obviously do. Shouldn't your post above read"I don't.. .... ......"
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

More reason the club should be involved. Learn how it’s done. You have to face it that the way of the world is all online now and marketing is done through social media. That’s how we will grow the fan base and ensure we are still relevant
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:08 pm You don’t want the people at the club to get involved at all. They are young people who only know about social media & having their phones stuck in their hand 24/7! Bloody hell! they can’t keep the main official site updated! Please don’t let them near this site🙏🏼
Why do so many topics turn into conversations from Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets? How dare there be young people working at the club! What do they think Ancient and Loyal means? :lol:

It's media, so most clubs are going to have people in their 20's and fresh out of university, but our Head of Media and Marketing is Stewart Frodsham and I'm pretty sure he's in his late 40's, so I'd assume he's responsible for the media team.

The club did start an official podcast hosted by Joe Mills back in 2021 but they only did about 4 episodes before stopping, so perhaps it just didn't generate enough interest at the time. I've only found this out now though so not sure how well publicised it was. It's something I'd have been interested in had I known about it. Podcasting is something everyone in the media team would have at least some experience of so it's hardly going to be new to them so I can only assume it's lack of demand.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Sorry if I dragged this off topic but the lads on this are doing a great job and it's much appreciated. A great listen for RL fans especially Wigan supporters.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:29 am Sorry if I dragged this off topic but the lads on this are doing a great job and it's much appreciated. A great listen for RL fans especially Wigan supporters.
Yes they are. Just finished listening to the Phil Clarke interview, another brilliant podcast & well done to the team.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan