Game Vs Midlands Hurricanes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Game Vs Midlands Hurricanes

Post by medlocke »

Jobs for the boys written all over it
jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:49 am
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:58 am
Fujiman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:47 pm
Good question Meds.
He’s been punished for that.

Have you never done something wrong or what you’ve been ashamed of when you’ve been drunk?
The club talk about building a community and culture. Joel brought the clubs name into disrepute as well as acting in a aggressive manner toward bar staff (you can add female to that depending on if you are all for equality or not)

Generally if you are sacked from your Job for behaviour like that you don't come back.

If Joel is employed at wigan it undermines this building a culture line we keep seeing.
I for one would be happy to see him coaching at Wigan. He's an intelligent bloke with a massive understanding of RL.

In general, he is an all round good guy who just so happened to have a fall from grace videoed. He shouldn't be condemned for life because of that imo.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jobo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:35 pm

Have you never done something wrong or what you’ve been ashamed of when you’ve been drunk?
The club talk about building a community and culture. Joel brought the clubs name into disrepute as well as acting in a aggressive manner toward bar staff (you can add female to that depending on if you are all for equality or not)

Generally if you are sacked from your Job for behaviour like that you don't come back.

If Joel is employed at wigan it undermines this building a culture line we keep seeing.
I for one would be happy to see him coaching at Wigan. He's an intelligent bloke with a massive understanding of RL.

In general, he is an all round good guy who just so happened to have a fall from grace videoed. He shouldn't be condemned for life because of that imo.
How's it condemned for life he can go work at another club. If you got sacked from your Job for similar reason you would not get the same chance with another company.

It undermines wigan claiming the club is about integrity. Drinking shows who. Someone really is

Let's apply the same logic.

Hardaker should be allowed back to Leeds its was only a bit racism can't hold that against him forever.

Or back to cats it's only drugs. Everyone does those apperently.

I'm same opinion that Burgess should be nowhere near superleague because of his history.

We promote a family sport and talk about community, a culture well this is a slap on the face made possible by apologists because he's a sportsman and not some office worker or ground worker.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:42 pm

How's it condemned for life he can go work at another club. If you got sacked from your Job for similar reason you would not get the same chance with another company.

It undermines wigan claiming the club is about integrity. Drinking shows who. Someone really is

Hardaker should be allowed back to Leeds its was only a bit racism can't hold that against him forever.

I'm same opinion that Burgess should be nowhere near superleague because of his history.

We promote a family sport and talk about community, a culture well this is a slap on the face made possible by apologists because he's a sportsman and not some office worker or ground worker.
Sadly Think I have to agree with you on this
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Lets talk about the game please and not an ex player
moto748

Post by moto748 »

For what it's worth, I'm with Caboosegg on this. It just seems to undermine the good work that the club has done recently.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:40 pm Jobs for the boys written all over it
Haha what kept you?!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How do you know?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:56 pm
endoman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:57 pm Thought I saw Joel in the warm up, didn't know he was back at Wigan.
He’s an assistant academy coach 😊
How come he's been allowed back to the club after his disgusting behaviour :evil:
Same reason as Hardaker was allowed to join the club i suppose
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:42 pm

I would like to argue that surely this could also be a benefit to our Academy lads, who have someone that can advise against for want of a better term "being a D******D" in a public place with alcohol having done it and the consequences that then followed from said incident. (inc being reminded of said incident for life, (as we can see from the above comments).

Following that same logic would we all have kicked off for having Shaun Wane as head coach, who in his own words:
It was a very, very unhappy childhood,’ admits the England rugby league coach, who grew up on the Worsley Hall council estate in Wigan. ‘My dad was a brutal man and I was a shocking kid. I was breaking into places, pinching cars, going out all night fighting with men.
Taken from: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... glory.html

if like Shaun Wane, Joel has changed, learnt from his past, and we can use it to educate our young players then surely that's a benefit in the long run?
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.