SuperLeague+ Launched

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
benjamaphone

Re: SuperLeague+ Launched

Post by benjamaphone »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:21 pm What it does clear up, and this is not made clear in the RFL release, is that there would appear to be 2 matches that are ONLY available on Sky each week.
So I read it as there will be 2 matches that are only available LIVE on Sky each week - 106 games are live on the service, with the remaining 61 made available delayed and on-demand
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

benjamaphone wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:12 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:21 pm What it does clear up, and this is not made clear in the RFL release, is that there would appear to be 2 matches that are ONLY available on Sky each week.
So I read it as there will be 2 matches that are only available LIVE on Sky each week - 106 games are live on the service, with the remaining 61 made available delayed and on-demand
Well I don't claim to know all the details, but if that is the case then this (from the Sky website) is incorrect
Sky Sports subscribers will have exclusive access to two matches per week.

The above is pretty unequivocal imo.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Interesting... so between Sky and Rhodri it all seems clear as mud 😅
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I get them all as overseas. It is pricy, as others have said. ESPN+ which has all the NHL games is only around $10 per month. However, I'll probably sign up either at annual or monthly depending on what's best value as it maybe the only way to access the comp. Foz soccer plus may show all the sky games, and that's only $15 per month.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

From the Superleague+ site:

"1.5 What On-Demand Content is Available on SuperLeague+?
Every Betfred Super League match in 2024 will be made available to watch on demand via certain access passes."
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

From Sky Sports Website
Helen Falkus, Sky Sports director of multi sports, added: "To be able to welcome someone of Sam's stature within the game is hugely exciting. From the conversations we've had, you can already tell there's a real desire to contribute and learn.

"This is set to be our biggest Rugby League season yet on Sky Sports and we're the only place fans can watch every game live. The signings of Sam alongside Kyle, Dave and Mark really signal our intent to bring fans the best coverage possible."

Sky Sports and NOW is the only place to watch every game live all season. All six matches in each Super League round will be shown live, totalling around 170 games each year across Sky and NOW platforms. This will include Magic Weekend fixtures, Playoffs and all three Grand Finals - Men's, Women's and Wheelchair. 
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... gue-season

So I take that as Sky showing everything live
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

Not 100% sure but think I read sky are going to bring a new app out as well where sky sports subscribers will be able to watch all games
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

moto748

Post by moto748 »

What's this going to do with away support when you can watch the game at home instead of paying for a ticket and the coach?
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

For what I’ve been told and read. Sky will also be releasing an app of some sort and even after round 15 will still show all games. If you have a sky subscription you do not need the super league plus subscription. This is mainly a service for those that don’t have sky or a cheaper option should they only use sky sports for the rugby.