Super League streaming platform launch date and name confirmed as new era arrives

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: Super League streaming platform launch date and name confirmed as new era arrives

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:03 pm Like Southern Softy, I'm a bit baffled too. It seems less than clear to me.

Super League's new streaming service will launch next week as the competition embarks on a new era of broadcasting. 'Super League+' will be launched on January 23rd, with the service providing supporters with the ability to watch every single game without needing a Sky Sports subscription.

implies that it starts straightaway, supporters will be able to see every game, but later it says the first 15 rounds will just be on Sky. So if you buy their streaming platform in January, all you're going to see for 15 rounds is archive stuff (last season's game?)? Is that right?
The app is currently not developed.

Every super league game will be on Sky Sports until round 15.

They will then revert to 2 games being on sky sports and the remainder being on the subscription platform.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Re: Super League streaming platform launch date and name confirmed as new era arrives

Post by josie andrews »

Super League set for its own streaming service – everything you need to know

Super League is set to have its own streaming service in 2024 which is set to change the way the sport is viewed moving forward.

This notion has been something hinted at since IMG came on board and started working alongside RL Commercial.

This was a key idea as the RFL negotiated new TV deals ahead of the 2024 Super League season. This is because the deals with Sky Sports, Channel 4 and Viaplay all expired ahead of this season.

This lead to interest from TNT Sports and streaming service Dazn Sports but in the end the RFL agreed a new deal with Sky Sports. This deal is worth slightly less than the previous deal but is still worth more than £2o million and will see every Super League game shown live on Sky Sports.

However, after Round 15, Serious About Rugby League understands that a streaming service is set to be introduced. This is reported to be called SuperLeague+ and fans can pay to watch the games through this streaming service through a monthly, weekly or game by game pay model.

Sky Sports viewers will still be able to watch every game with Sky having their own streaming model too.

What channel is Super League on?

Sky Sports will continue to show Super League in 2024 and beyond covering every game. Predominately, games are shown on Sky Sports Arena and occasionally on Sky Sports Mix which is available to those who do not purchase the Sky Sports package.

However, as they show more games this year we are set to see Sky show more games on Sky Sports Action as well.

Furthermore, some games will feature on Sky Sports Main Event such as the opening game of the season between Hull FC and Hull KR.

Sky Sports have also brought in three new commentators for next year which you can read about here.

BBC are set to join as part of a free to air deal as well showing games at 17:30 on BBC Two.

A channel break down of how the opening round will be shown can be seen here whilst the RFL have confirmed TV selections for the Challenge Cup

How can I watch Super League in the UK?

This is about to become more versatile as aforementioned. In 2024, fans will initially be able to watch every game only through a Sky Sports subscription but moving forward this will change.

After Round 15, fans will be able to stream every game or games of their choosing through the new Super League streaming service after the success of

This will be alongside streaming for Sky Sports customers whilst BBC are set to show games on Saturdays on BBC Two.

They will continue to cover highlights on the Super League Show as well meaning you should be able to watch plenty of rugby through their own TV licence.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-le ... now-87402/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We won’t know whether we’re coming or going at this rate with all these streaming platforms!

Talk about confused.com 🤔🤔
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:11 am We won’t know whether we’re coming or going at this rate with all these streaming platforms!

In the world we grew up in, we were only online when we got the train to Southport or Blackpool. If we'd been told about a streaming platform, we'd have taken our wellies and raincoats.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:52 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:11 am We won’t know whether we’re coming or going at this rate with all these streaming platforms!

In the world we grew up in, we were only online when we got the train to Southport or Blackpool. If we'd been told about a streaming platform, we'd have taken our wellies and raincoats.
😂😂😂
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

App now available, think price is a bit more than people are expecting
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/su ... ng-service
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butchbulldog wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:29 pm App now available, think price is a bit more than people are expecting
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/su ... ng-service
It’s on web warriors forum from Official site 😊
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

if i'm reading it right it seems like decent value

watch all games live for £120 (or £99 if you are a season ticket holder) with some caveats with 60 or so not being available to stream live, but on demand afterwards - i'd assume these may be the main games on sky coverage?? (although they were supposed to be showing all on sky this year)

so for me, it beats paying sky £100 a month or so for a package, plus i get to watch as many games as i choose to. If i dont want to pay for all season then monthly or per game is available too
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

the pieman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm if i'm reading it right it seems like decent value

watch all games live for £120 (or £99 if you are a season ticket holder) with some caveats with 60 or so not being available to stream live, but on demand afterwards - i'd assume these may be the main games on sky coverage?? (although they were supposed to be showing all on sky this year)

so for me, it beats paying sky £100 a month or so for a package, plus i get to watch as many games as i choose to. If i dont want to pay for all season then monthly or per game is available too
There will always be 2 games that are exclusively on Sky, so not "all" games.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:15 pm
the pieman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm if i'm reading it right it seems like decent value

There will always be 2 games that are exclusively on Sky, so not "all" games.
Yep, i had seen that hence the caveat comment ,but you will still be able to watch them afterwards

IMO its good value if you dont subscribe to Sky and will watch plenty of matches. if you are just a one club supporter and dont watch anyone else, then its not worth it, and perhaps the pay per match could be a decent alternative for away matches if not a ST holder