Club ticketing to change in 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Club ticketing to change in 2024

Post by nathan_rugby »

Do you not create an account with ticketmaster when you buy the tickets and can log in to see your purchase?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:37 am Do you not create an account with ticketmaster when you buy the tickets and can log in to see your purchase?
I have a TM accountant but mine are not showing in there.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've got to the stage where I don't know whether I'm coming or going over this. Anyway, I've fired off another email to the ticket office today, let's hope it bears some fruit.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Success! To be fair, the ticket office responded promptly to this email, and said they would email me another confirming email. They said to check Junk folder (I don't know why they couldn't have said it all in *that* email). They said, and I quote, The email will be from Ticketmaster not Wigan Warriors.

The email in my Junk folder, which had the seat details, may well have come from Ticketmaster, but there was nothing to suggest that. It was apparently from 'tickets@dwstadium', but I infer that *is* Ticketmaster.

Anyway, I have my seat, that's the main thing.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Gone are the days where one can simply get a ticket.

All for an extra quid for the club eh. Monetising everything.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm curious how this will effect my auto renewal season ticket.

While I accept that I have been getting a good deal for years if this ends it by forcing you to change to ticket master I'm done with a ST after this season.

Traveling with work meant I missed a few games last year which wasn't an issue with the auto renewal price but makes the ticket not worth it without.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:16 am I'm curious how this will effect my auto renewal season ticket.

While I accept that I have been getting a good deal for years if this ends it by forcing you to change to ticket master I'm done with a ST after this season.

Traveling with work meant I missed a few games last year which wasn't an issue with the auto renewal price but makes the ticket not worth it without.
Talking of season tickets, has anyone actually got theirs yet, I renewed mine well before the deadline but not had anything yet.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:39 pm Gone are the days where one can simply get a ticket.

You know for a fact that the club are profiting from this change to ticketing?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wes

Post by Wes »

All this talk of the club profiting is a good thing, we need to remember first and foremost it is a business.
endoman

Post by endoman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:54 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:39 pm Gone are the days where one can simply get a ticket.

You know for a fact that the club are profiting from this change to ticketing?
Agree, no evidence. I don't see how anyone can profit much on the Wakefield tickets which were sent with no added postage costs first class for a £5.00 ticket...