World Club Challenge entertainment revealed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

World Club Challenge entertainment revealed

Post by josie andrews »

Heather Small and Russell Watson to headline pre-match entertainment for The Betfred World Club Challenge v Penrith Panthers on Saturday 24th February.

Heather Small to perform a 30-minute set ahead of the game.

Russell Watson to perform ‘Jerusalem’ and national anthems.

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that Heather Small and Russell Watson will headline the pre-match show before the World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium on Saturday 24th February, which is now sold out.

Heather Small will perform a 30-minute set from her solo career as well as hits from M-People with whom she was lead singer, selling over 10 million albums worldwide, with songs including ‘Moving On Up’, ‘One Night In Heaven’, ‘Search for the Hero’ and ‘Proud”

Then, THE VOICE, Russell Watson, who has performed for royalty, presidents and prime ministers, will bring out the two competing teams with a stirring rendition of the classic ‘Jerusalem’ accompanied by fire and fireworks, followed by the British and Australian national anthems before kick-off.

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “The night of Saturday 24th February holds tremendous promise. I extend my gratitude and thanks to everyone who has purchased tickets, and we assure you of an outstanding evening of entertainment. I have never felt excitement for a game for many years. The news of a sell-out crowd a month in advance of the game is a strong message for our club but also for the sport of rugby league.

“Our Fan Village will be open throughout the day, adding to the growing excitement. Music performers, food vendors and bars will create a festival feel in addition to Community rugby activity for youngsters. There will be many past players in attendance and a few special guests.

On the pre-match show, Radlinski added: “I’m thrilled to announce that the pre-match entertainment will feature the iconic Heather Small. Then a stirring rendition of “Jerusalem” and the national anthems of both England and Australia will be delivered by the incredible Russell Watson. As we approach kick-off, the sky will be illuminated with fireworks, creating an epic atmosphere. The excitement around the place is electric.”

The Betfred World Club Challenge between Wigan Warriors and Penrith Panthers, which will be shown live on Sky Sports in the UK, is now sold out.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/01/ ... -revealed/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan