Match Preview: Wakefield (Pre-Season)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Match Preview: Wakefield (Pre-Season)

Post by doc »

I was disappointed with our defense out wide but the return of Faz, Marshall, Miski and Keighran will hopefully solve that. Thought Wardle was the only 3/4 who had a half decent game.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sumner went well. Generally good line-speed, but a bit too much jumping out of the line.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

In all honesty with the squad we had we should of beaten Waky mcgilvary has a good strike rate against us and i personally dont think that it was a good run out for us we shall see next weekend
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:16 am In all honesty with the squad we had we should of beaten Waky mcgilvary has a good strike rate against us and i personally dont think that it was a good run out for us we shall see next weekend
Nobody won or lost did they?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:16 am In all honesty with the squad we had we should of beaten Waky mcgilvary has a good strike rate against us and i personally dont think that it was a good run out for us we shall see next weekend
It’s pre season, relax.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

yep pre-season friendly, thats the game put into context

1 1st team back playing after minor surgery to get some minutes (Wardle)
Thompson, Byrne getting some minutes into the legs / lungs after being out injured for a while

Walters looked huge on the pitch stood against most other players, and looks like his handling could give us something else this coming season
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

how did Leeming get on?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 pm how did Leeming get on?
looked pretty sharp around the pob

made 1 good dart in the 1st half which led to a knock on, but showed signs that he will give us that something a little different if the play dictates. Was good to see someone on his shoulder too, but just didnt take the ball in. Looked pretty sharp