Sean O'Loughlin and Shaun Wane lead classy tributes to Warriors old-boy ahead of testimonial fixture

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sean O'Loughlin and Shaun Wane lead classy tributes to Warriors old-boy ahead of testimonial fixture

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have sent their best wishes to Warriors old-boy Scott Taylor ahead of his testimonial fixture this Sunday.

Matt Peet’s side take on a strong Hull FC outfit as part of their respective final preparations ahead of the 2024 Super League season, while also celebrating the decorated 15-year career of ex-prop Taylor.

Former head coach Shaun Wane and ex-skipper Sean O’Loughlin led the tributes, with the trio having won the double in 2013, defeating the Black & Whites at Wembley before a 30-16 triumph over Warrington Wolves at Old Trafford.

“Congratulations on a fantastic career,” said Wane.

“I know your testimonial has gone well and the people of Hull will know what you’ve done for them and we appreciate what you did for us at Wigan.

“It was a pleasure to coach you and to know you as a man.”

O’Loughlin, who captained Taylor during his two year stint at the DW Stadium, commented: “I want to wish you all the best, I hope you get a great turnout.

"Congratulations on your career.

You’re a top bloke and it was great to play alongside you and you were a great opponent.

“I know you were a fan favourite wherever you’ve been, so I hope it’s a great day for you on Sunday.”

Wigan Warriors chairman Professor Chris Brookes added: “All the very best for your special

“Thank you for all those wonderful times with the Wigan Warriors and also with England.

“Great memories, who can forget us being stuck in that lift in Sydney back in 2017.

“Well done on a stellar career and all the very best for your future.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... re-4501542
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan