Warriors Reserves to face Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Reserves to face Giants

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors will take a Reserves team to face Huddersfield Giants Reserves in a final pre-season test.

Huddersfield Giants Reserves v Wigan Warriors Reserves, Saturday 10th February 2024, K.O. 12pm.

Wigan Warriors will take a Reserves team to face Huddersfield Giants on Saturday 10th February as part of final preparations for the new 2024 Betfred Super League season.

The two sides will go head-to-head at Huddersfield Laund Hill on Saturday 10th February 2024, K.O. 12pm.

A number of Warriors first team players are expected to feature including Abbas Miski and Mike Cooper who will make their returns from injury.

On the fixture, Head of Youth Shane Eccles said: “This is a great opportunity for our reserves players to get some more game time before the season starts.

“We have a number of young players who are pushing for places in the first team squad and the more games we can get for these players the more chance they have of showing what they’re capable of and getting into Matt’s squad when the season starts.”

He added: “We believe in having a strong reserves competition to support the first team and Super League and the more we can get the reserves playing competitive games the more it will grow and become a springboard into the first team for the young players within our pathway.”

See the full Reserves fixtures online HERE. https://wiganwarriors.com/fixtures/reserves

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... ce-giants/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Re: Warriors Reserves to face Giants

Post by widdenoldboy »

Another run out for some possibles for the Penrith game?

Annoyingly, the full Reserves fixtures are not (yet) listed on that linked page. Hopefully soon :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:33 pm Another run out for some possibles for the Penrith game?

Annoyingly, the full Reserves fixtures are not (yet) listed on that linked page.
Hopefully soon :)
So I see 🤨 sorry I assumed it had been updated. Possibly with the new site everything wil be updated properly 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:37 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:33 pm Another run out for some possibles for the Penrith game?

Annoyingly, the full Reserves fixtures are not (yet) listed on that linked page.
Hopefully soon :)
So I see 🤨 sorry I assumed it had been updated. Possibly with the new site everything wil be updated properly 😊
No problem, Josie and thanks for the heads up :D and I'll keep checking.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I thought I'd seen the Reserves fixtures somewhere before, it was here