Cade Cust confirms Wigan Warriors departure: 'I've enjoyed every moment'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Cade Cust confirms Wigan Warriors departure: 'I've enjoyed every moment'

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:12 pm I agree with all the sentiments above and wish the lad all the best.

Could I ask where this leaves us re overseas quota? Was his departure already factored in?
Seconded. Good player who had some bad luck with injury.

As to the quota I think it was already factored in. It’s not really an overseas quota now anyway. It’s a limit on how many non-federation trained players a club can have which stops clubs doing as they used to and having a full quota and then a string of Kolpak players who didn’t count on the quota. I think Bradford took that to extreme at one point.

I am pretty sure we have a full non-fed trained quota so Cust’s fate was sealed weeks ago. I presume it’s only been announced officially now he has secured a club which is good from Wigan not announcing he’s just been let go. That would be a poor thing to do so a bit of class from Wigan there.

Anyway back to Cust. As Fozzie said, that is the way to leave a club. Contrast it with the dummy spits of other fairly recent departures such as Hardaker and even Bateman who messed the club about.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Definition of an unlucky player with injuries. I always liked him as a player and he was key in our run to win the cup, combining really well with Harry. Hope he comes good at Salford. Classy on and off the pitch.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:22 am Played really well till his elbow injury.Always a smile on his face and hope he smashes it at salford
Hope you didn't mean his elbow F/s :D