Wigan squad for Hull FC (Pre-Season)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Re: Wigan squad for Hull FC (Pre-Season)

Post by southportcdm »

Does anybody know when the coaching staff expect Nsemba to be back fit? With Walters out for a prolonged period Junior now has the chance to challenge Isa for that spot in the team. I suppose that the present situation is a timely reminder of why it was sensible to keep Willie playing for another season too.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:41 pm Playing Chan at second row in the reserves will be a must you’d imagine. I wouldn’t be against them picking out the next person in line who they feel could go in to second row if needed and give them time there as well. I look at our props and how they move, how mobile they are etc and it would probably be Dupree I’d have most confidence in.
I was also thinking Chan would be the replacement for Walters. Such bad luck and I was so looking forward to seeing Walters play. Still it could be worse. London's hooker is out for the season and their full back has broken his leg. :shock: At least we have some depth to the squad to cover.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

DaveO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:00 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:41 pm Playing Chan at second row in the reserves will be a must you’d imagine. I wouldn’t be against them picking out the next person in line who they feel could go in to second row if needed and give them time there as well. I look at our props and how they move, how mobile they are etc and it would probably be Dupree I’d have most confidence in.
I was also thinking Chan would be the replacement for Walters. Such bad luck and I was so looking forward to seeing Walters play. Still it could be worse. London's hooker is out for the season and their full back has broken his leg. :shock: At least we have some depth to the squad to cover.
London’s season could get a bit out of hand with the lack of investment and you can’t blame the guys involved there. The side doesn’t look as good as the one which finished last season.

Chan didn’t cover himself in glory at Wakey in the second row but he’s not played there much in recent seasons apparently so he’ll need time. I think the likelihood is that we’ll go Isa/Faz playing 80 mins and carry three bench props against Cas and Penrith but if one of those two starters go down, we’ll need at least one option to be ready. To be in that position, we could do with a couple of lads running out there at the weekend.

Also somebody asked about Nsemba above and his return date. It’s April according to Peet in his pre Hull interview. That must’ve been a fair old injury.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 am Is it clear who are props will be? If Thompson plays 13, and Walters is a second row, then we have Byrne, Cooper, Chan, Dupree, Ellis, Eseh, Havard, Hill and Mago who are notionally props… great problem to have of course.
Ellis is primed to play 13.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:42 pm Does anybody know when the coaching staff expect Nsemba to be back fit? With Walters out for a prolonged period Junior now has the chance to challenge Isa for that spot in the team. I suppose that the present situation is a timely reminder of why it was sensible to keep Willie playing for another season too.
End of this month mate if all goes according to plan. The problem is he will be undercooked.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He may well be undercooked but he won't he be the bench player to replace Isa?
Perhaps they may interchange after 30 mins giving Junior 10 mins before half time then 15-20 mins half time followed by him playing 15 mins in the 2nd half!

End of Feb sounds like the week after the Penrith game.