Tom Burgess

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tom Burgess

Post by josie andrews »

BREAKING NEWS - Tom Burgess has signed for Huddersfield Giants

Read the full story here: https://shorturl.at/brvwE
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Tom Burgess

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Woah. Didn't see that coming
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

? Sorry just seen it on another story it is 2025 3 year deal
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sorry couldn’t post the entire link I was out having a meal 😕
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We were way off' Sam Burgess insists Warrington Wolves couldn't financially compete for brother Tom

The Warrington head coach has seen his brother join Huddersfield Giants.

Sam Burgess has stated Warrington Wolves were unable to compete financially with Huddersfield Giants for his brother Tom - describing the Giants' offer as "out of this world." The Giants shocked the rugby league world when they announced the signing of the England prop on a three-year contract, which will come into effect for the 2025 season.

Last month, the Wire boss admitted he would be keen to sign his younger brother, while Tom admitted he had had a conversation about the possibility of making a Super League move become reality. That has now proven to be the case, but not with the club anyone predicted. Speaking about the news, the Wolves chief admitted he had the opportunity to make a move but that the club wasn't in a position to compete with the Giants.

It was custard pie in my face wasn't it?" Burgess joked. "It all happened really quick; he didn't give me a chance to counteroffer. But I'm really happy for him; I think he's going to be great for the game and Huddersfield. He's a local lad; he only lived ten minutes down the road in a little village and we played for that service area.

It's a great coup for the game; Tommy and his family will come and live here where we all grew up. It will be nice to see more of him; it would have been nice to coach him, but he's made his decision for that family and I've got to respect that."

Asked if he was surprised that his brother hadn't given him a chance to make a play for him, he explained: "I'm joking around, Tom told me exactly where he was at, I had a perfect amount of time to counter offer, but the numbers were just out of this world. I've got to put my head coach hat on here, and it wouldn't be the right thing for the club to do with the salary cap as it is. I can't do much with it in the near future so I've got to be responsible in that respect.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-28595900
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It’s a big risk for hudds

Given none of the burgess have been particularly pictures of longevity
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure