Wigan Warriors to feature on the BBC following new historic broadcast deal, including World Club Challenge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Wigan Warriors to feature on the BBC following new historic broadcast deal, including World Club Challenge

Post by morley pie eater »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:52 pm
archiekeith wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:31 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:06 am We know we have the product. The BBC and others like The Sportman have the talent to wax lyrical about our sport. Mark Chapman, Helen Skelton have a great opportunity to cement firstly their own careers, latterly Helen, who drives a nice Audi 4x4, but to show why RL can be as big as RU.

Better product, better sport, it’s free. Why watch endless scrimmages when you can watch French, Field, Lomax and a full Headingley on a Saturday night instead of some posh t*** who’s rugby talent is far less superior than that of an average Leigh East player
Agreed. But what I want to mention is your appendage re Wigan's hall of fame. I don't recall a James Slevin I do remember Ted Slevin. He featured at Wigan in the. 50/ and60'tis. In fact it was my first Challenge Cup visit is 1951. That team could easily grace our hall of fame Ted played second row . Some of the others you mention Along with George curran Billy Blan loose forward great team winning 10/nil. Incidentally Billy Blan sold me a car when he was a car salesman years later. Happy days. Oh by the way I'd also include Bill AsHurst my favourite RL player
Jim Slevin was a founder member of our club in 1879 and one of my heroes. He turned down an Anglo-Australian tour in 1888 so he could help Wigan win the West Lancs cup. Our towns first superstar
"Their bodies are buried in peace; but their name liveth for evermore."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐