Warriors launch 2024 World Club Challenge shirt

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors launch 2024 World Club Challenge shirt

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors and Kappa launch a limited edition World Club Challenge shirt.

Shirt will be worn in the Sold Out 2024 Betfred World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium.

The kit is available to pre-order online HERE from 5pm today.

WIGAN WARRIORS AND TECHNICAL KIT PARTNER KAPPA ARE DELIGHTED TO LAUNCH A LIMITED EDITION 2024 WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SHIRT TO BE WORN AGAINST THE PENRITH PANTHERS ON SATURDAY 24TH FEBRUARY AT A SOLD OUT DW STADIUM.

The shirt draws elements from the one worn in the 1991 World Club Challenge, where Wigan Warriors beat Penrith Panthers 21-4 at Anfield.

Rich red hoops sit with adjacent red strips and as a nod to the team of ‘91 their names are etched into the fabric of the inner two strips. The inner of the shirt features the wording ‘I love Wigan me’ between the shoulder blades.

The final element sees the scoreboard etched into the lower right hand side of the shirt, listing the score from the 1991 game as well as the scorers. The shirt is paired with red shorts and red and white socks.

A limited number of 1,991 shirts will be available.

The WCC shirt design features Principal Partner Greenmount Projects on the front of the shirt with Smalley Decorators on the breast alongside the famous Kappa Omni logo and Wigan Warriors Club badge. KHD Brokk Hire Ltd appear on both collars with Cadena Global on the right sleeve and CRS and Heatable on the left sleeve. The rear of the shirt features the logos of long-term kit partners Node4, Davanti Tyres and Steve Woods Ltd.

Replica World Club Challenge shirts will be available to pre-order online HERE from 5pm today with orders despatched in advance of the World Club Challenge game. If ordered via Click and Collect, you will receive confirmation via email once your order is ready to be collected.

The shirts are available in Adults, Ladies and Junior (ages 5/6 – 13/14) sizes. Adult shirts are priced at £55 with junior shirts at £40.

Please note that personalised name and numbering is available in-store only.

Wigan Warriors Chief Executive, Kris Radlinski said: “Martin Dermott gave a compelling speech to the players this week, focusing on his experience playing in World Club Challenge games and reflecting on his 1991 match against Penrith.

“The atmosphere in the room was electric, with everyone fully engrossed in his captivating memories. His involvement in unveiling our 2024 World Club Challenge kit is truly inspiring for all of us.

He added: “The kit honours the players who participated at Anfield in 1991, each of whom has left an indelible mark on our history and deserves to be celebrated and recognised. Those players will all be receiving one of these special jerseys in the coming weeks as a way of thanking them for their outstanding contribution to our club.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... nge-shirt/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Warriors launch 2024 World Club Challenge shirt

Post by endoman »

Ordered, glad I didn't buy the normal home kit, this looks ace,
Wes

Post by Wes »

Same I bought the kids the away as that is what they preferred and I held off was going to go next week to decide then this gem pops up, ordered.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Very similar to the last WCC kit we had. Nice. Hopefully the sizing works for more people.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

All the sponsors make our kits look awful these days
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

would of been nice if they had put the old badge on right side instead of the decorators, it could have been an ode the 91 match
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

4 shirts already.Getting a tad silly now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:55 pm 4 shirts already.Getting a tad silly now
Mm, had four last season too!

I’ve got all four now! When I asked weeks ago if the club was doing a special WCC shirt I was told
“don’t know"!

I keep saying this but I’m gonna have to stop buying all these shirts! I’ve not long since had a clear out & gave well over 100 items of Wigan shirts, tshirts & tops. Just kept special ones 😊 Running out of room 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:46 pm All the sponsors make our kits look awful these days
Was just about to post the same.

Great shirt and echos of 1985. However, the huge green logo in the middle means it's a "no" from me.