Explaining RL to the Yanks

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
kitt green warriors

Explaining RL to the Yanks

Post by kitt green warriors »

Narrated by Rusty Crowe
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8793543867

** Fixed your link 😊 - Josie
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
endoman

Re: Explaining RL to the Yanks

Post by endoman »

saw that on Facebook yesterday, pretty well done, but don't know if the average US consumer has that much of an attention span.... I'll be in the US at the time of the Vegas game, but am pretty sure that no one will be talking about it. I have one colleague who knows about RL over there, hid brother played NFL, and he has 2 lads who are on their way to doing the same.

Other than that, it's like talking to a brick wall.... There is so much attention on the college sports it's untrue. Get RL into the colleges would be the way to grow over there.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It's a shame the rfl hasn't done something similar in the UK.

There premier league footballers who watch rugby league, well know comedians and sports people.

Adam Hill was brilliant at promoting yo a wider audience. The rfl should be doing stuff like this for magic weekend.

Heck an entire weekend with all teams.. go to a different city each year with it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've started up a NYC Super League supporters group on Facebook. I wonder if anyone knows good ways to promote it to get some members?

https://facebook.com/groups/2640665299504640/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Are you going to Vegas Mike with you being over there?, if you are then we must catch up for a pint (of pop in my case).
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I certainly will be! I'm not in LV for long though, so PM me and see if we can meet up.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
doc

Post by doc »

There was a few yanks commenting on the OSJ/York Acorn CC match that was streamed on Youtube on The Sportsman RL channel the other week.