Wigan squad for Castleford (R1)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Castleford (R1)

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Westermans face when he saw the red card was akin to the face he pulled when he saw the camera pointing at his face behind that Greggs :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:22 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:11 pm Loves his own voice this ref.Missus just said all you can hear is his gob and whistle.
All referees are constantly talking, generally to the defence telling them to get back or letting teams know which tackle it is. Haven't noticed anything more
Im all for the keeping the markers square etc but there comes a point when its too much.yes they all do but this is overboard and imo is for the bbc cameras
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:26 pm Westermans face when he saw the red card was akin to the face he pulled when he saw the camera pointing at his face behind that Greggs :lol:
Brilliant 🤩
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:30 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:11 pm Loves his own voice this ref.Missus just said all you can hear is his gob and whistle.
All referees are constantly talking, generally to the defence telling them to get back or letting teams know which tackle it is. Haven't noticed anything more
Im all for the keeping the markers square etc but there comes a point when its too much.yes they all do but this is overboard and imo is for the bbc cameras
Respectfully disagree although I'll pay a little more attention second half. Have put sky on now as I can't stand BBC coverage
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:31 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:30 pm

Respectfully disagree although I'll pay a little more attention second half. Have put sky on now as I can't stand BBC coverage
Fair enough i just hate refs ruling the game.At one time they were bent but i told missus he would cain cas after basically giving them everything.Its so pre planned and way to many games have even pens which cant be right.Sad for thompson but omg mago looks awesome
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Now as the pens have stopped we look so quick round the ptb.Leeming defo speeded it up.Patrick Mango????? My mom
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:52 pm Now as the pens have stopped we look so quick round the ptb.Leeming defo speeded it up.Patrick Mango????? My mom
Leeming speeds it up and now his Ankle is gone.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Points on the board, but an expensive knight potentially losing Thompson,Leeming,Smith for next week and Field looked a bit iffy at the end.

Kicking is better than this time last year. It would have been criminal to let him leave.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mixed bag all round, great result, scrappy game, some worries ahead of next week...what happened to Keiran at the end and Isa going into the centres?

Have to agree on BBC coverage, was looking forward to it and it was pedestrian.....switched back to Sky who seem to have learned some lessons from C4!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Job done. I agree with Firestarter, Mago was outstanding. Shame about Thompson but that’s the way it goes, step up Harvey Hill.