Thompson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bonnie Raithwaite 2

Re: Thompson

Post by Bonnie Raithwaite 2 »

With the Smith tackle, Hooley tucked his head under to make it look worse.

But the disciplinary panel have recent history for shooting the English game in the foot (Williams missing the first 2 games v Tonga) so I worry for Harry.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The cas players knees and head touched the ground at the same time. If his legs had been lifted above horizontal, they certainly weren't when he went down. He dived toward the ground with his head, and that was what the ref mentioned on the audio as mitigation. So if the Cas coaches want to know what the mitigation was, just watch it.

I also wondered if westerman should have got a yellow in the red card incident. Both players shoulders made contact with the head.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:29 am The cas players knees and head touched the ground at the same time. If his legs had been lifted above horizontal, they certainly weren't when he went down. He dived toward the ground with his head, and that was what the ref mentioned on the audio as mitigation. So if the Cas coaches want to know what the mitigation was, just watch it.

I also wondered if westerman should have got a yellow in the red card incident. Both players shoulders made contact with the head.
I was wondering why they both were not sent off. If you look at the replay neither makes any real attempt to tackle him. Westermans arm is just loose and he doesn’t use it to try and tackle Dupree.

I also wondered why Dupree wasn’t sent for a HIA. He looked dazed after the “tackle”.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:40 am
Mike wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:29 am The cas players knees and head touched the ground at the same time. If his legs had been lifted above horizontal, they certainly weren't when he went down. He dived toward the ground with his head, and that was what the ref mentioned on the audio as mitigation. So if the Cas coaches want to know what the mitigation was, just watch it.

I was wondering why they both were not sent off. If you look at the replay neither makes any real attempt to tackle him. Westermans arm is just loose and he doesn’t use it to try and tackle Dupree.

I also wondered why Dupree wasn’t sent for a HIA. He looked dazed after the “tackle”.
I said exactly the same at the game Dave, both went in with the shoulders to the head.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Thought Smith was looking at a red card to be honest but thought they're keeping him on for next week. I am just hoping that the Disciplinary just add on a large fine otherwise it will be a 3 match ban. Stupid tackle in this day and age.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

IMO,Smith should have been sent off ,the lad landed on his head and could have caused a very serious injury.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Just wonder if thats why Keirhan was taken off late - to give us a place kicker if Harry is banned?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Thought this topic was about thompson not smith we will miss thompson but we have players like hill and chan who can come in and do a job i just hope the disciplinary dont spoil next saturdays occasion and hand it to the ausies on a plate?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Thompson had a head clash around 4 minutes and was in discomfort but he did play on till around 16 minutes when the trainer ran on to him and took him for the HIA.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 am Thompson had a head clash around 4 minutes and was in discomfort but he did play on till around 16 minutes when the trainer ran on to him and took him for the HIA.
Yes, he took a drive into about 4 Cas players, and you could see on TV he got up a little gingerly in the background

On TV they showed a clash with another Wigan players knee, and thats when they took him off for the HIA